[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - E3 for everyone!

E3 for everyone!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: E3 for everyone!

Postby Jedit on Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:43 am

Jedit

Postby Nandrew on Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:43 am

Nandrew

Postby daddy32 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:41 pm

Unity is great! But isn't it a bit pricey, especially phone licenses?

Anyway, the question I wanted to ask:
No keyboard shortcuts?? I find it quite annoying to have to click on the glyphs all the time :(
daddy32

Postby subanark on Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:23 pm

Too bad Java didn't work for you (I'm a fan of desktop Java, been using it for years). At least you aren't using Flash.

I don't really like the fact that you are limited number in the number of potions you can carry. I say this because it's rare not to be able to backtrack and simply leaving them on the ground and picking them up as needed is better than using up more than 1 inventory space for them.

There either needs to be a penalty for picking potions up (e.g. monster regenerate some health when you do so), a penalty for leaving them on the ground (they decay and will be auto-converted if you don't pick them up), or simply allowing unlimited number of potions to be carried (while granting a free inventory space if you exhaust your initial supply of potions).

I also find the protection from death glyph way too powerful, primary since you can cast it, regen mana, and use it again mid combat, allowing 2 additional attacks in which to kill your opponent. Maybe if using it only protected you from the next hit, instead of the next fatal one...? (also allow it to stack with the warrior's bonus).

I find the plants are a neat affect. It does however encourage game play where you simply slash all poisonous and mana burn ones you can see on the screen right before you level where those effects will be removed.
subanark

Postby metroid composite on Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:40 pm

metroid composite

Postby Nandrew on Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:15 pm

Nandrew

Postby daddy32 on Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:49 pm

Aaaaand what about those keyboard shortcuts for glyphs?
daddy32

Postby metroid composite on Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:14 pm

metroid composite

Postby Nandrew on Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:39 pm

Nandrew

Postby metroid composite on Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:01 pm

metroid composite

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons