[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Poll: most popular class

Poll: most popular class

All things Desktop Dungeons

What's your favorite class?

Fighter
2%
Berserker
10%
Warlord
12%
Thief
7%
Rogue
20%
Assassin
12%
Priest
2%
Monk
15%
Paladin
5%
Wizard
5%
Sorcerer
7%
Bloodmage
2%

Total votes : 41

Re: Poll: most popular class

Postby PeaceChaser on Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:27 am

I think this poll shows that the class design is really, really good. No class is universally favored above all of the rest, and all of the classes are used. Even the fighter, who has 0 votes, who may not be anybody's favorite - you can't argue that he isn't useful and fun to play once in a while. I'm surprised the wizard has 0 votes too. I love the wizard!
PeaceChaser

Postby TigerKnee on Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:57 am

Really? Because I think that means those two need a buff. They really stink.
TigerKnee

Postby Galefury on Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:24 pm

I like the Wizard. It was one of my favorites in the alpha and is still good and fun IMO. Just not one of my favorites anymore.

Fighter is nice as a starting class, but not terribly interesting later on because none of his features really change the gameplay. They just offer small bonuses that are hard to leverage into something useful and have little synergy with anything. The +1 exp is quite strong but only comes to bear late in the game when you go around collecting all those stray low level enemies.
Galefury

Postby Nandrew on Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:05 pm

I'm quite happy to keep the Fighter where he is, to be honest. His traits are generally designed to be newbie-friendly, and I think he fulfills that role well enough for less veteran players.
Nandrew

Postby PeaceChaser on Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:18 pm

PeaceChaser

Postby TigerKnee on Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:31 pm

TigerKnee

Postby Zaratustra on Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:34 pm

I like Rogue or Assassin when I'm farming for some item or feature and do not intend to kill the boss. Otherwise, Berserker.
Zaratustra

Postby q 3 on Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:12 pm

Wizards get 1 piety for every 2 mana spent, just like every other class. So do Berserkers. Weirdly, this makes Berserkers just as good at getting piety from Mysteria as Wizards are...

Fighters are a nice all-around class for attempting dungeons without preparations. Although they don't have a specialty where they're really strong, they don't have any particular weakness either so they can adapt to just about any situation.
q 3

Postby Wargizmo on Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:31 am

I don't think Wizards are bad, but sorcerer just seems so much better, with the extra 5 mana you can still cast more fireballs than a wizard who just gets the spell 1 mana cheaper, and you build more piety with it if you worship Mysteria. Plus you get the amazing healing bonus for using spells and don't get a sword damage penalty, the mana shield is just gravy. Wizard gets an extra glyph and knows the location of glyphs, but to be honest I've never really had a problem with not getting the right glyphs or locating them, sorcerer can easily level up with sword while searching for fireball anyway, or can just use the Magnet: Fire preparation.
Wargizmo

Postby TigerKnee on Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:23 am

I think the wizard might become a competitive class IF either the damage penalty is removed OR the mana cost reduction is improved...?

One thing I find weird is that Wizards are actually better at using byssep/helpmeh than most class, which seems completely counterproductive, while anything remotely expensive is better with a Sorceror and his straight 5 mana pool bonus. Especially with the elf nerf compared to alpha.

For some reason though, glyphs seems to be set by location in this version, not beating classes? I don't think I ever seen Helpmeh spawn in the early dungeons for example.

I kind of want to see the mana cost reduction changed to something like... -2 mana cost if cost of spell is 5 or above.

Makes Wizards better for Fireball spamming and using the utility glyphs, which tends to be expensive more often than not.

The glyph sight ability is honestly less powerful with the Magnet: X preparations, but still useful. I never really felt it absolutely necessary to get to glyphs asaps though compared to gods.
TigerKnee

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons