[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Demo Bugs - Post your bug finds here

Demo Bugs - Post your bug finds here

All things Desktop Dungeons

Demo Bugs - Post your bug finds here

Postby Aequitas on Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:03 am

Thanks for trying out the E3 demo. As you can imagine, there are still going to be bugs floating around. Just post the bug here, and we'll get right on it.
Aequitas
Site Admin

Re: Demo Bugs - Post your bug finds here

Postby Herborist on Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:47 am

In the swamp dungeon, as the sorcerer, I could spam the LEMMISI spell and it wouldn't reveal bricks or heal enemy monsters, just heal me, while I was manaburned.

sorcerer + manaburned + lemmisi + swamp = infinite health

I don't know if the swamp has anything to do with it, though.
Herborist

Postby Nandrew on Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:50 am

We got right on that, thanks for the input. :)
Nandrew

Postby Herborist on Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:54 am

Herborist

Postby flap on Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:55 am

Hello,

I don't know if it is intented or not, but on my computer I can see some marks in the unexplored areas :
http://www.flap.fr/grenier/DD_01.JPG
With a bit of habit it is possible to guess whether there is a wall and its direction.

Also, there often are no walls when reaching the edge of the screen. Is it made on purpose too ?

Finally, it is not a bug but a remark : I guess that a later stage character selection will be done by hovering over buildings rather than pushing these ugly buttons ?
I also prefer selecting character first then the dungeon, as in freeware version. But you are probably planning much more work for the interface ?

The city emerging from the book looks really good.
flap

Postby Herborist on Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:09 pm

Herborist

Postby flap on Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:16 pm

That's the way freeware works.
But we can hover first to get some information. Also it is not that illogical : you build your team, then you go adventuring.
flap

Postby Aequitas on Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:19 pm

@flap - The problem with you being able to see what's under some of the unexplored tiles is a graphical bug. We're going to be fixing it by the time the beta rolls around.

When you reach blackness that does not get explored, you have reached the edge of the dungeon. In future versions you will know where the dungeon borders are.
Aequitas
Site Admin

Postby CunningGabe on Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:34 pm

Not exactly a bug per se, but: is there a way to see what the monster characteristics like "Cowardly" mean? It would be nice if one of the inventory tabs was always the last monster you pointed to, so that you could mouseover the characteristics and see what they mean. You figure it out soon enough anyway, but it's nice to know what you're getting into beforehand!
CunningGabe

Postby Herborist on Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:29 pm

Herborist

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons