[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Review of the demo

Review of the demo

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Review of the demo

Postby metroid composite on Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:16 pm

metroid composite

Postby flap on Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:14 pm

A suggestion, regarding interface, and extra clicks :
It has been noted that some click are not useful (there is no choice behind them). There is for example the case of potions : we are likely to let them lie around the floor, and go on the top of them just to drink. So there should be a option to drink while they are on the floor (instead of clicking to pick them up, then click once more to drink). Or even worse : a right click on the tile where they are to move there, and drink them in one action. (1 click instead of 3)

I'll let you imagine any monster / feature causing potions left on the floor to disappear in some dungeons...
flap

Postby Aequitas on Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:05 pm

So you don't ever forsee a situation where your inventory is full, none of the things in it are potions, and you want to heal? I'd say that's a pretty 'choice' driven situation right there.
Aequitas
Site Admin

Postby flap on Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:02 am

Hmm, ok.
Then, you could allow to drink from the floor, if you have a free slot.

Edit (to avoid double post) :
The other I was mentioning that I preferred the freeware way to go into dungeons : you can hoover over dungeons to see the description, then prepare (choose your race/class), then click on the dungeon to go.
I liked it best because it gives the feeling of preparing, and then actually go.

But playing a bit more the demo today, I also understood another reason why I prefer the freeware way : you don't have to change your settings every new dungeon. The class/race you have selected is still the same. It is easier to go a few times in a row with the same setting in one dungeon. Or just change one parameter. So basically, venturing in a new dungeon might be 1 click away, and 3 at worst.
While the way DD demo is now, there are between 5 and 13 clicks every time.

Hey, I am not complaining or anything else. That's just to let you know the feelings from one player among others.
flap

Postby Nandrew on Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:37 am

Nandrew

Postby flap on Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:16 am

Ok. Thank you for that insight !

So lets wait a few more months, and we'll see what you'll come up with ! Looks promising.
flap

Postby metroid composite on Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:18 pm

metroid composite

Postby Hammerfan on Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:28 pm

Hammerfan

Postby Nandrew on Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:50 am

Nandrew

Postby Hammerfan on Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:48 pm