[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Beta update: Magical mystery tour

Beta update: Magical mystery tour

All things Desktop Dungeons

Beta update: Magical mystery tour

Postby GoatBot on Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:20 pm

GoatBot

Re: Beta update: Magical mystery tour

Postby Despayre on Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:56 am

Best 20 bucks I ever spent. You guys are awesome. I'm absolutely loving the speed of the updates!
Despayre

Postby q 3 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:00 am

Good update. I think Glowing Guardian and Dracul should be more or less fine for now (as soon as the lifesteal crashing issue gets fixed, at least). Mystera's probably been nerfed a bit too much for melee types - I'd change Magic back to only 2% resist, even 1% - but I will withhold judgment until playing a bit more with it. Bloodmages got a nice tweak which should put them back at the power level they're supposed to be. The forest tileset is pretty. And hooray for Elf Berserkers!
q 3

Postby fall_ark on Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:13 am

fall_ark

Postby Darvin on Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:55 am

Darvin

Postby TigerKnee on Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:38 am

Old Monk was boring but strong.

Now this Monk is boring, annoying AND lame.
TigerKnee

Postby Patchumz on Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:15 am

Errr, so what was the point of charging us 100 gold per preparation now :$?
Patchumz

Postby Wargizmo on Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:01 am

There's a bug with my preparations, some appear twice and I'm unable to change them... this happens on both the thief den and the mage tower, there doesn't appear to be any way to access the missing preparations either.

Wargizmo

Postby wonderfish on Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:15 am

wonderfish

Postby TigerKnee on Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:59 am

*item spoiler*

Items introduced in this patch:

Witchalok Amulet - Interesting item design. On the other hand, Wizards and Bloodmages aren't exactly the best at hybrid fighting and this isn't exactly a strong item because fireballs.

Piercing Wand - Ignores target magic resistance (unless they are completely immune). Hmm, I guess this is perfect if you run into IRON MAN. On the other hand... because fireballs.

Still, I guess it fills a niche if you ever run into a magic resistance mana-burner, you would love either this item (or Soul Orb)

Also allows Assassins to poison golems (including... yup, Iron Man) more easily I suppose. I can't quite think of anymore uses, not many offensive glyphs in the game really.
TigerKnee

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons