[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Beta update: Trouble in the Old West

Beta update: Trouble in the Old West

All things Desktop Dungeons

Beta update: Trouble in the Old West

Postby GoatBot on Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:06 pm

GoatBot

Re: Beta update: Trouble in the Old West

Postby PeaceChaser on Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:26 pm

Awesome!!!

It looks fantastic.

I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to start a bug report in this thread, as the other one is getting a little crowded and hard to read in my opinion. Plus, this will be specific to this update.

If you discover herp and derp at the same time, only one of them talks. Not sure if this is intended or not.
PeaceChaser

Postby PeaceChaser on Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:38 pm

Grove Grove immediately completed when I retired (unsuccessfully) from my first dungeon attempt since the patch. I don't even recall the requirements of the quest, but I don't think I fulfilled them.
PeaceChaser

Postby PeaceChaser on Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:07 pm

Warlords are still doing more damage than expected/displayed.
PeaceChaser

Postby Halion on Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:17 pm

Halion

Postby MuF on Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:39 pm

Sweet update, lots of new content, some more hard stuff to beat and more items to get.
Sadly thought there's still no room to store them all... oh well, we'll just have to get choosing huh?

I also got the Grove Groove 'bug', which isn't really a bug when you think about it.
I'd already cleared the grove before the new update, and the quest got completed after visiting it. I guess it's just that the game checks for clear conditions at the end of the run.
This quest wasn't flagged on the map for me, no little red flag on the dungeon and no current quests for it.

New dungeons are sweet, especially the Labyrinth and the new vicious one. Nice little trick on the boss there, thought I was expecting a a complication seeing how well my first run went for a vicious dungeon. I've yet to see the full extent of what's after that little teaser though.

New god is a pretty good answer to some problems that have been discussed lately, thought he seems totally uninteresting at lower levels (seriously, that penalty is really evil :shock: ). I can definitely see him being useful to convert to for boss fights, which seems better than anything you could expect from him in the Alpha.

Keep up the good work!
MuF

Postby q 3 on Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:59 pm

Heh, I'm actually seeing the new deity as the complete opposite: great for early piety and exploration, plus one really nice boon, and then convert to someone else unless you're going to be dependent on potions (but even then, his piety reduction is pretty nasty). The resist and healing boons seem too weak for how much they cost, and it seems like it would be hard to get much piety from him late in the game when you've used up most of your tiles and killed most of the low level monsters. I suppose we'll see what we can figure out.

The Druid quest wasn't marked on my map (although it was displayed on the sidebar), and was instantly completed upon exiting a different dungeon for me as well.

I'm liking the new prices for items so far. Some of them are actually plausibly affordable now! The new potions are nice, too; I'd still prefer one time mana burn immunity over one time mana burn cure, but unless the potions start appearing in dungeon shops I'm probably not going to notice them anyway. :)

Those spawning snakes are bloodless and experience-less, but do have levels - that opens them up for at least one very interesting farming possibility...
q 3

Postby MuF on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:14 pm

Haven't tried this yet, but you can also benefit from his boon with the Witchalok pendant... If that works, it makes for a pretty interesting combo there, a lot of permanent physical resist. Joy.

Also, I don't know if this is a bug or something I haven't figured out yet, but I kept having some effects appearing on unrevealed berzerkers every time I leveled up in the Berzerker Camp dungeon. Is that meant to happen? Does it do anything special?
MuF

Postby q 3 on Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:41 pm

q 3

Postby bla0815 on Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:42 am

You made me feel totally bad for slaying the new vicious boss :(
Well eleven more classes to go...
bla0815

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons