Suggestions

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Suggestions

Postby dislekcia on Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:24 pm

Spell-specific hotkeys will come in the future, the number keys aren't working the way we'd like them to right now. They're kinda annoying because they can jump about...

Spoon as a small item might be something we could consider - you can bet it'll be something that gets talked about in the office over the next couple of days ;)

There are generally still a lot of animations missing in the game at the moment - many of things we've got at the moment are placeholders that we crunched in for the E3 or GDC demos. We'll get to animations when the tilesets are all done.
dislekcia

Postby darkcreep on Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:16 am

Nice to hear that dislekcia:) Looking forward to those improvements in final version.
What about high resolution? Will that also be in final version?
darkcreep

Postby Wargizmo on Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:42 am

dislekcia wrote:Spell-specific hotkeys will come in the future, the number keys aren't working the way we'd like them to right now. They're kinda annoying because they can jump about...

Spoon as a small item might be something we could consider - you can bet it'll be something that gets talked about in the office over the next couple of days ;)

There are generally still a lot of animations missing in the game at the moment - many of things we've got at the moment are placeholders that we crunched in for the E3 or GDC demos. We'll get to animations when the tilesets are all done.

I wouldn't mind the number keys if you could actually choose where things went in your inventory, or if they stayed in the same position. At the moment the whole inventory system seems like a bit of a dog's breakfast.

Changing the hotkeys solves some of the issue, but for people who prefer to click on the spells it's still going to be annoying, I would rather they solved it by actually allowing players to move items around and not changing their positions.
Wargizmo

Postby q 3 on Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:09 pm

Wargizmo wrote:I wouldn't mind the number keys if you could actually choose where things went in your inventory, or if they stayed in the same position. At the moment the whole inventory system seems like a bit of a dog's breakfast.

Changing the hotkeys solves some of the issue, but for people who prefer to click on the spells it's still going to be annoying, I would rather they solved it by actually allowing players to move items around and not changing their positions.

You actually can rearrange your inventory - just drag and drop something into an empty slot. Doesn't work if your inventory is full, of course, and it's still rather tedious - potions especially. Being able to drag an item into a slot that's already full and have the items swap places would be nice; shift click to pick up a stack of potions would be nice; and, of course, some sort of toggle to ensure that you don't accidentally quaff a potion while trying to move or convert it would be very much appreciated (I've done that a few times already, much to Glowing Guardian's displeasure).
q 3

Postby 232 on Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:17 pm

I appreciate that it might be a pain to arrange items or have a whole lot of hotkeys, but personally, would it be possible to just have the potions (if any) taking the top inventory slot?

Postby gjaustin on Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:52 pm

232 wrote:I appreciate that it might be a pain to arrange items or have a whole lot of hotkeys, but personally, would it be possible to just have the potions (if any) taking the top inventory slot?

I think that would only be helpful if another inventory slot is added. Forcing the potions into the top slot would cause serious problems for classes like the Wizard who have no physical slots and only Physical/Magic slots at the top. Similarly the bottom would cause problems for Monks who then get one of their Physical slots blocked.
gjaustin

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons