[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Suggestions

Suggestions

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Suggestions

Postby spoomak on Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:31 pm

Okay. Previously I couldn't think of a reason why the spoon should take a big slot but now I can see there are some. In the alpha I used to feel joy every time I found the spoon shop. The spoon is cool 8-) . That's why I don't actually think it would be that bad if the spoon was always worth purchasing (a non-choice).

I came up with a new perspective to look at this whole spoon issue. Things that fit into small slots are things that passively wait in the character's belt or backpack, right? Things that take up big slots are things that the character holds in his hands or wears around his neck, right? It makes sense that inventory space in your hands is much more limited than inventory space in your backpack. The character definitely has to hold the spoon in his hand to be able to hit monsters with it, so that's why the spoon takes a big slot. This makes sense to me, at least. :?
spoomak

Postby fall_ark on Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:09 pm

fall_ark

Postby FDru on Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:27 pm

I've been 1 gold short of a 50 point conversion several times. I'm not buying no spoons regardless of what slot they go into ;)
FDru

Postby q 3 on Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:21 pm

I usually hold off on buying the Spoon until I've found a few more shops. There are a lot of better purchases, and often you have just barely enough to buy something without wasting tiles looking for more gold piles.
q 3

Postby spoomak on Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:02 pm

spoomak

Postby darkcreep on Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:00 pm

Aha i didnt know that u can pick up potions with double click. Nice, then there is no need for autopick up.
The good thing about playing is that i can do all fast on dungeon map and i dont need to go with mouse down there to click something.
Also u could give back the circle animation from free version when u pick up somtin. Visual cues are nice to have.
darkcreep

Postby PeaceChaser on Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:27 am

Sure spoonmak, I try to support you and you switch sides :P.

Think about the +1 mana/kill item. It takes 1 small item slot, and in my opinion, it's pretty darn useful. How many items take up 1 slot right now? Potions, a few dungeons specific +5% type items, and that universally available +1 mana/kill item. Personally, I'd like to see more items that take up 1 slot. The spoon would be great choice for this. And besides, it would really bring back that "joy" for finding a spoon vendor.
PeaceChaser

Postby q 3 on Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:55 am

But the Blue Bead also costs 5 times as much as the Spoon. Making the Spoon a small item would be fine, but it would need to be more expensive for the sake of balance.
q 3

Postby fall_ark on Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:38 am

fall_ark

Postby PeaceChaser on Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:11 pm

PeaceChaser

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons