[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Help with extra dungeon in the freeware version?(Spoilers)

Help with extra dungeon in the freeware version?(Spoilers)

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Help with extra dungeon in the freeware version?(Spoiler

Postby Darvin on Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:54 am

Darvin

Postby bkteer on Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:52 am

How you complete the dungeon with both monk and half dragon? I find myself sincerly lacking the dmg to take on the boss most of the time.

For me i kind of lucked out and was able to complete the dungeon with vampire, transmuter, rogue and assassin.
bkteer

Postby TigerKnee on Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:06 am

The thing about Monk is that you need to remember it basically regenerates HP four times faster than other classes of the same level, so you should start punching the boss before running out of tiles, not after you explored the entire map.

Mathematically, there are certain items that are better on the monk, such as Dwarven Gauntlets and the resistance items. Worshipping Dracul is also good for bloodshield. Helpmeh is probably much better than Fireball though you still want the later for any wraiths (one of Monk's weakness, along with Poison and Nagas).

Some bosses Monks don't do well against (TOWER OF GOO) but it's generally pretty good with some minor luck with items.
TigerKnee

Postby Darvin on Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:13 pm

For half-dragon, I got CYDSTEPP as my glyph and was able to use that to punch through the level 9's, get some more experience rolling and get up to the higher levels. Remember to take advantage of your magic attack; Goo Blobs and Wraiths are easy prey. Similar story to the monk, except that was APHEELSIK that let me make efficient use of his regen bonus so I could save more tiles for fighting higher-end monsters. I also can add Assassin to the list of classes I've 100% cleared the Boss Hive with; worshipped Pactmaker and was playing goblin for extra experience, and was able to get to level 10 meaning an instant kill on every remaining monster.
Darvin

Postby metroid composite on Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:07 am

metroid composite

Postby bkteer on Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:02 pm

I think the most luck based will actually have to be the rogue....at lvl 1 you pray you don't meet any vampires else it's an instant death. Once he's past lvl 1 he has it easier due to his first strike and dodge.
bkteer

Postby metroid composite on Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:57 pm

metroid composite

Postby Darvin on Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:12 am

How on earth did you go 14 rounds without getting a single gimp situation popping up? Whether it's a level 5 blocking the only hallway exit or just a bad combination of high-level monsters, there are just a whole range of scenarios that can make the game unwinnable. Heck, on boss hive there's little margin for error with exploration tiles so just where you choose to explore could randomly turn things one way or another. I don't think I've ever gone 14 matches (even on normal) without fumbling.

Ironically, though, I've played Vampire on the boss hive 4 times now and have yet to fail with him. Rogue, I'm just not going to try. Not worth the frustration, even though it's my favourite class.
Darvin

Postby bkteer on Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:21 am

i suspect it may be due to the gauntlet runs. Apparantly gauntlet runs past lvl 15 are as hard or harder than the boss hive runs.
bkteer

Postby metroid composite on Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:27 pm

metroid composite

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons