[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Desktop Dungeons beta update: crazy old people

Desktop Dungeons beta update: crazy old people

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Desktop Dungeons beta update: crazy old people

Postby faethon on Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:40 pm

I cannot complete the City Expansion quest. Although all dungeons are clear, ther is no completion trigger...
faethon

Postby penthief on Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:08 pm

Why cant I beat the City Expansion 1 quest? I have tried now on 2 new kingdoms. I get the quest and it shows up on the map with flagged dungeons but once i kill each boss i never get my 500g reward and it just sits there. I cant really advance in the game as I only have access to those 3 easy dungeons... Am i doing something wrong? this is frustrating as i just bought this and am not able to enjoy it.
thanks in advance for any help
penthief

Postby q 3 on Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:44 pm

q 3

Postby Aequitas on Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:24 pm

Just uploaded a hotfix, all your broken quests should complete the next time you return from a dungeon.
Aequitas
Site Admin

Postby bla0815 on Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:04 pm

Woohoo Hotfix! City Expansion worked.
EDIT: Dungeon runs of the secondary profile get properly converted now, too :)
EDIT2: But it turns out i lost recent progress from my first profile :/ Probably just because the versions changed while i was playing.

@q3: Thanks :) I like the idea of rumors in the taverns. Maybe just some very simple (and hopefully not laborious) adventurer's log along the lines "One of our adventurer's encountered a refugee halfling in DUNGEONXY asking for health potion. He wasn't able to rescue him because he died." to give players a little bit more feedback/guidance.

I've looked in every dungeon since then and i have looked in every southern dungeon with the race i had the initial encounter with, since the naga refered to "your kind" or something like that. I had a goblin and there were goblin slaves - do the slaves change according to the hero or is the encounter goblins only?. Maybe it's just a nice prelude to the vicious dungeon in south :) Or it was due to the faulty quest updating.
Last edited by bla0815 on Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bla0815

Postby borgulz on Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:15 pm

Working great, thanks, but part 3 still doesn't work .

thanks anyway, i can finally play again !
borgulz

Postby q 3 on Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:36 pm

q 3

Postby Kamendae on Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:56 pm

Possible/probable bug: Transmuter with BLUDTUPOWA turned on still regenerates zero mana; I'd expect to be regenerating one, given the transmuter's description ("Mana regeneration starts at zero" indicates to me that it's possible to increase it past zero, like with BLUDTUPOWA).
Kamendae

Postby bla0815 on Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm

It took 4 approaches for me to finish part 3 of the tasks. I have no idea what i did different the last time. The only thing i can think of is that it was the only time my first enemy wasn't lvl 3, but that may very well be coincedence.

I think the Naga did say something along the "You look all the same to me." lines. Just thought it might be goblin specific because i found them in the magma mines, which are goblin themed anyways. Well obviously the naga wouldn't relinquish on invading our little kingdom because the wrong person ran around their territory :D
bla0815

Postby Xaph on Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:09 pm

Part 3 Quest is still bugged for me as well.
Xaph

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons