[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Desktop Dungeons beta update: crazy old people

Desktop Dungeons beta update: crazy old people

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Desktop Dungeons beta update: crazy old people

Postby Darvin on Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:46 pm

Indeed; quite the interesting potions.

Part 5 is just plain masochistic...
Darvin

Postby FDru on Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:15 pm

Leveling up with Dracul doesn't seem to count as reaching level 10 for part 4 :(

I do love the purple potion (I'm a fan of elf sorcerers... mmm massive mana pools). Can't see how the strength one will ever be any use, but I'm sure I'll be surprised later.
FDru

Postby bla0815 on Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:00 am

Yeah just when we complain that berserker camp is to easy, the witch makes us suffer at that place :D
Having five potions including a properly named can is quite powerful though and some potions really seem to ask for creative uses to be discovered.

@borgulz & nandrew: Thanks for the info :)
bla0815

Postby Darvin on Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:03 am

Part 4 is pretty easy to do. Every time you level up, two more golems spawn in of your level. Over the course of the game, that adds up to 88 extra XP in play. You should be able to hit level 10 with only a small amount of bonus XP if you clear out the level. For the record, I used Elf Paladin with the Venom Sword (one of my favourite combos, and IMO the best approach to Rock Garden in general) to do part 4. If you're really having trouble, play as a goblin.
Darvin

Postby fall_ark on Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:44 am

fall_ark

Postby FDru on Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:57 am

Didn't have too much problems with an elf sorc. That combo is really good for taking out the rock bosses (though I started with the dragon shield, which was quite helpful). I just had to pop 3 or 4 of those corrosion plants and hit up Dracul at the end for some health boost to hit level 10 after.

Part 5 is kicking my ass repeatedly, however. It seems like Taurog + badge of honor is the only combo capable of doing it but I'm running out of gold with all the failed attempts :P
Last edited by FDru on Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
FDru

Postby q 3 on Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:46 am

I barely squeaked through part 5 with Taurog and the Dragon Shield (had just enough resist + HP to survive one of his enraged hits, then switched to death protection). Part 6 is quite possibly even more ridiculous.
q 3

Postby Darvin on Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:04 am

I've been trying the Dragon Shield approach, as well, but I just can't seem to pull it off -_-

Mind enlightening us to the ridiculousness of part 6?
Darvin

Postby q 3 on Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:19 am

Priest in the magma dungeon, no potions allowed. (Not actually as hard as I first thought, once I remembered you can basically ignore one of the bosses.)

Only one "new" potion unlocked after the final upgrade, but it's an interesting one. Probably most useful for low level boss kills.
q 3

Postby Darvin on Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:38 am

Eh, that's not nearly as bad as wizard with no glyphs. Still pretty bad though.
Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons