[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Desktop Dungeons beta update: crazy old people

Desktop Dungeons beta update: crazy old people

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Desktop Dungeons beta update: crazy old people

Postby GG Crono on Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:20 pm

I still am not getting my rewards for Complicated Tasks Part 3. I even completed it again for good measure.
GG Crono

Postby FDru on Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:43 pm

"Completed" pt 3 four or five times since the hotfix, still not working for me either. I've also tried killing only higher level enemies.

edit: after this I give up
FDru

Postby fall_ark on Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:19 am

Yeah. Part 3 just isn't working here.

New dwarf looks very promising. Now, halflings on the other hand...
fall_ark

Postby Wargizmo on Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:33 am

Wargizmo

Postby Darvin on Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:42 am

Darvin

Postby TigerKnee on Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:00 am

Man, I should probably get around to doing the final Bloodmage quest while Venom Sword is still overpowered. I already missed the chance to do it with non-nerfed Orcs.
TigerKnee

Postby fall_ark on Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:37 am

fall_ark

Postby Zaratustra on Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:22 am

Desktop Dungeons may be the only game where people dread new updates instead of welcoming them.
Zaratustra

Postby TigerKnee on Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:04 pm

TigerKnee

Postby bla0815 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:38 pm

Nah the poison blade is not really overpowered, but maybe just because there are so many other powerful items. Since poison is often available as other means (or the blade itself if you don't use it from the locker) it has a very high opportunity cost.

Poison itself however is currently one of the most powerful tools in the game - especially with smuggler's den and subdungeons. Despite the beta being swamped with weakening, corruption, lower resist, berserk 50%, manaburn/poison etc. there has been certain focus on regen fighting so far and poison is a very reliable way to make regen fighting worthwhile (especially of you are neither orc nor human). That's also why damage & resistances usually have a much higher priority in my book than pure health. Maybe we need more poisoning bosses, which wouldn't affect non regen fighting approaches, but hamper poisoners quite a bit, but not as much as undead. This would also benefit max health increases if you can tank two hits before using one of your precious potions to regen and halflings.

@ TigerKnee: The dragon shield has suddenly made the indomitable a cake walk for all classes and is a great asset for paladins, Binlor is imho more universally useful than MA, the battle mage ring rarely isn't worth a purchase and nearly every item got cheaper just for the fun of it.
Sure, on the other hand the old tonics made newly available in the dungeon suck hard and the nerfed fire heart surely isn't worth 30 gold any more, but at least for the past updates the general powerlevel did imho rather increase than decrease. This is not considering the possible power peaks, where all the more powerful items line up right behind the hand of midas and a Tikki Tooki altar.
bla0815

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons