Creeplight Contract Help?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Creeplight Contract Help?

Postby Herborist on Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:39 pm

Kamendae wrote:The basic idea is, find a quick MA altar (the "scout altars" prep helps with this), then start casting your ass off to build piety. You start with APHEELSIK, which (IIRC) provides four piety at the cost of eight mana. So: cast it, explore a bit, cast it again... rinse and repeat until you're at 100 piety. BLUDTUPOWA helps, as does LEMMISEE (you regen the mana it takes to cast it when you cast it, so it's basically just a gain piety button). When you're at 100 piety, finish exploring the rest of the dungeon, so you see all the monsters (and so they can't regen when you explore more). Then go down to the basement, and kill the sacrificial goat - all the cultists will turn into shades. Then go back upstairs, and blow your entire wad of piety on the Mana Leak blessing. Everyone takes up to 99 damage, instantly - which is enough damage that even a level 1 assassin can one-shot through the rest of the HP a level 7 or 8 shade will have (and pretty much everything else lower than that, too).

I can kill everything in the dungeon without using that strategy (although I will try it) - the problem of the boss still remains.
Herborist

Postby FDru on Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:09 pm

Herborist wrote:I can kill everything in the dungeon without using that strategy (although I will try it) - the problem of the boss still remains.

I never bothered with Mystera so I couldn't tell you how to do it that way, but my method has worked flawlessly for me every time.
FDru

Postby GG Crono on Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:20 pm

I went with the Mana Leak strategy. Started with a Trisword, a Bear Mace and a Strength Potion and bought a Wharrgarbl in the dungeon. Converted as many glyphs as I could find except for fireball, then worshipped Mysty early and built up piety while revealing the whole map, then killed the goat and hit Mana Leak. Then I killed a Wraith to level up. Once i leveled, I hit the boss with fireballs until I ran out of MP, then leveled again. Repeated this until I could survive a hit from the boss, then I'd hit him and level up for as long as I could. Lather, rinse and repeat until everything's dead. :D
GG Crono

Postby Wargizmo on Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:48 pm

Herborist wrote:
Kamendae wrote:The basic idea is, find a quick MA altar (the "scout altars" prep helps with this), then start casting your ass off to build piety. You start with APHEELSIK, which (IIRC) provides four piety at the cost of eight mana. So: cast it, explore a bit, cast it again... rinse and repeat until you're at 100 piety. BLUDTUPOWA helps, as does LEMMISEE (you regen the mana it takes to cast it when you cast it, so it's basically just a gain piety button). When you're at 100 piety, finish exploring the rest of the dungeon, so you see all the monsters (and so they can't regen when you explore more). Then go down to the basement, and kill the sacrificial goat - all the cultists will turn into shades. Then go back upstairs, and blow your entire wad of piety on the Mana Leak blessing. Everyone takes up to 99 damage, instantly - which is enough damage that even a level 1 assassin can one-shot through the rest of the HP a level 7 or 8 shade will have (and pretty much everything else lower than that, too).

I can kill everything in the dungeon without using that strategy (although I will try it) - the problem of the boss still remains.

Pick human/orc and convert all glyphs, you should easily be able to first-strike kill the first form of the boss once you hit level 9 or so, since he's been mana leaked. The other two forms don't hit as hard so you can just kill them using potions to heal up.
Wargizmo

Postby Halion on Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:10 pm

I think I did this as a gnome. BURNDAYRAYZ is your core tool, finishing off with a first strike. Avoid killing cultists since it is a lot of resources for mediocre xp. Once you get to the boss you'll have many potions, the chance to get in a free hit at the end of each form with first strike, and the ability to mid fight level by cleaning up low level monsters. You can go explore to regen between boss forms too.
Halion

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons