[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Creeplight Contract Help?

Creeplight Contract Help?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Creeplight Contract Help?

Postby GG Crono on Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:49 pm

I don't think there's anything I've tried and failed at as much as this. I can always get down to Anoobis' final form, and usually whittle him down to 200-100 HP, sometimes even less, but I always choke at the last minute.

I've been trying my luck as an Orc Assassin, and I usually prepare a Trisword and a Fireball magnet (since APHEESIK is not of much use in this dungeon), but I can never seem to follow through. So how did you all do it?
GG Crono

Re: Creeplight Contract Help?

Postby glownmelby on Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:13 pm

Human assassin, tri-sword, Taurog, and a little bit of luck. Found Cydstepp before worshipping Taurog so I had some death protection going in. Killed the goat ASAP, and then took out the wraiths as soon as I could kill them on the second strike guaranteed. Converted all my mana potions, used up all my health potions before picking up Taurog's last item boon (had gotten it earlier and left it sitting so I could earn more piety to spend) and get more death protection. Desecrated MA for more piety for more death protection.

I may be off on a few details, but that seems about right. Luck played a role, for sure.
glownmelby

Postby FDru on Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:02 pm

Orc, Trisword, Bear Mace, might as well grab +1 gold for more conversion points, and HP -> ATK

My strategy is simple and just requires two things: a badge of honor and Dracul. Reveal the entire map at the start, and grab anything that might help you powerlevel and convert later (+10 hp pendant or bloody sigil etc). Once you reveal everything, kill the goat. Now do all of your conversions except for your HP items and level to 7.

Pop your badge of honor and kill Anoobis. You should be able to kill his 2nd form with 3 melee hits and a couple fireballs. So hit him once, then fireballs, then blow any HP potions you need and hit him the final 2 times. At this point you don't need any HP so go see Dracul and turn it all into mana (kill all the wraiths first), the kill him with fire.

You could probably kill Anoobis the first time without the death protection if you use up a mana potion to hit him with a few fireballs first, but the death protection is the simplest way (and the 10% attack helps until you use it).
FDru

Postby q 3 on Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:16 am

Mystera's Mana Leak is incredibly powerful in that dungeon. It can allow you to kill very high level Shades while leveling up and fireballing Anoobis.
q 3

Postby Darvin on Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:49 am

The best way to clear the dungeon is leaving the cultists alone, killing the sacrificial goat during the end-game, then activating mana leak. You can then proceed to 1-hit-kill every one of the wraiths that spawn in, plus this should give you an easy win with at least one of the boss' forms. The extra XP from all the wraith kills should give you multiple level-ups, so beating the boss at that point actually isn't too difficulty at all.
Darvin

Postby DalaranJ on Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:38 am

Also remember that you're an assassin, so it's alright to leave some high level monsters if you can roll up to lvl 10 with the boss kill. You can use blood curse to help with that.
You can't cut back on kingdom funding. You will regret this!
DalaranJ

Postby GG Crono on Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:05 pm

Got it! :D

Thanks for the advice, guys.
GG Crono

Postby Herborist on Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:11 pm

Herborist

Postby Kaja Rainbow on Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:37 pm

A step-by-step walkthrough.

1. Preparations: In general, just pump up your damage. I didn't have Orc yet so I used a Human and it went fairly well. Also, the shrine scout helps you make a quicker beeline for Mystera.

2. Once you enter the map, find Mystera's shrine and enter their worship.

3. Now begin exploring, spamming spells for piety as you regain the mana for them. Don't kill anything yet. Just casting poison on everything in sight without attacking it works just fine for piety gain. Continue until you have completely explored the map, leaving no black squares. You should hit 100 piety even with the piety loss from converting runes you don't want.

4. Go down and kill the goat.

5. Go back to the Mystera shrine and use the Mana Leak boon. All those shades will get knocked down, most of them to 1. Only exception was a level 9 Shade that still had 25 HP.

6. Begin the slaughter. With the map fully explored, you'll get first strike on everything. Kill as high levels as you can manage. I couldn't kill the level 9 shade at level 1, but I did kill a level 8 and gained quite a few levels. Just kill until you get to level 7 or so.

7. Start in on the boss. Just attack it until you run low on HP and MP, then level by killing other monsters. You can just start hitting your potions once you run out of monsters to level off. Make sure to save some fireballs (and MP potions) for the third form which's resistant to physical damage.

That should do it. I finished with resources to spare.
Kaja Rainbow

Postby Kamendae on Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:02 am

The basic idea is, find a quick MA altar (the "scout altars" prep helps with this), then start casting your ass off to build piety. You start with APHEELSIK, which (IIRC) provides four piety at the cost of eight mana. So: cast it, explore a bit, cast it again... rinse and repeat until you're at 100 piety. BLUDTUPOWA helps, as does LEMMISEE (you regen the mana it takes to cast it when you cast it, so it's basically just a gain piety button). When you're at 100 piety, finish exploring the rest of the dungeon, so you see all the monsters (and so they can't regen when you explore more). Then go down to the basement, and kill the sacrificial goat - all the cultists will turn into shades. Then go back upstairs, and blow your entire wad of piety on the Mana Leak blessing. Everyone takes up to 99 damage, instantly - which is enough damage that even a level 1 assassin can one-shot through the rest of the HP a level 7 or 8 shade will have (and pretty much everything else lower than that, too).
Kamendae

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons