Labyrinth help!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Labyrinth help!

Postby spoomak on Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:16 pm

Most of my successful runs went like this: Get to level 7 (at least) before starting to fight Rex. It's pretty difficult in this dungeon but avoid using potions. Start hitting Rex with physical attacks and health potions. Rex berserks after a few attacks and it's usually not possible to hit him unless you have death protections. Next, worship Dracul and convert all health to mana. Use fireballs to finish Rex. This should be all that's needed. For me, winning with Wizard in this map was much much harder than Fighter, Thief and Priest.
spoomak

Re: Labyrinth help!

Postby Wargizmo on Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:58 pm

Herborist wrote:
TigerKnee wrote:
Herborist wrote:In other words, my hostility is entirely in your head. Good to know.

Sigh.

Did you notice how I'm expressing my hostility? Yet I didn't insult you or imply an insult in any way, whoa!

But hey, I guess I can live with the fact that you have to live with being... well, you.

Yes, it's such a burden being me. Unlike you, I DON'T see hostility everywhere. How do I get by? :roll:

He's right dude, it was pretty rude. I chose to ignore it.

Anyway another good tip which I don't think has been mentioned is to either worship Taurog for his unstoppable fury boon or use the medallion in order to survive the boss' hit once he goes bezerk, that way you can focus more on damage before you get to him, taking in a first strike potion will mean you only really need one layer of death protection in order to kill him.
Wargizmo

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons