GoatBot

Re: Beta update: Kingdom renovation crew

Postby Zaratustra on Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:09 pm

Poison noooooo
Locker items noooooo
Zaratustra

Postby TigerKnee on Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:12 pm

Looks like quite a big update, but I'll let someone other than me discuss the implications.
TigerKnee

Postby bla0815 on Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:25 pm

I can fill the new preparations in the slots and use them for the next dungeon run. After that they are gone. The 100 gold expense however is safed properly.
bla0815

Postby TigerKnee on Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:48 pm

Quick comments in 5 minutes which may or may not be perfectly scientifice

- I really need some feedback on what the heck Patches does. The only thing I noticed is that my attack bonus seemed obscene at the end of the game while I got mana burned or poisoned randomly at level up.

- I got a feeling poison is too gimpy now. Venom Sword is MAYBE still usable but the glyph? 1 mana barely makes a difference compared to how gimped it is.

- I don't really know how I feel about transmuter now. I mean... shrug.

- I should probably check out how much smaller Smuggler Den has become.
TigerKnee

Postby q 3 on Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:23 pm

A few quick notes-

I have to pay to unlock the new preps again after each dungeon run - for some reason it's not saving the fact that I already opened them.

Patches' effects happen so fast that they're often hard to figure out. A log would be very much appreciated.

I was a little apprehensive about the change to Transmuters, but it's not as big a nerf as I first thought. In a way it makes them even more dependent on the Rock Heart now, even if it isn't as big of an advantage to them; it also makes Elf and Dracul worship pretty much their optimal choices for the time being, at least from what I've tried out so far. They are also feeling a bit more generic now - they don't even have any status icons at the start (and Stoneskin + phys resist + bonus exp are the only ones they will have without outside help).

The change to poison feels like too big a nerf, or at least that's my first impression. Particularly for APHEELSIK - it's going to be incredibly difficult to kill anything more than one or two levels higher than you, and you're going to burn a lot more tiles to do so. Goblins are even more the go-to race for Assassins now, since their opportunities for bonus experience are much more limited, and fighting the boss at as high a level as possible is now essential. I like the idea behind the change, and it may well be appropriate for Venom Sword abuse, but at least for APHEELSIK (and maybe even only for Assassins) the enemy regeneration rate might be better as the level difference divided by 2 (rounded up, e.g. level 10 monster and level 1 player = [10 - 1] / 2 = 4.5 = 5).
q 3

Postby glownmelby on Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:22 pm

I unlocked Patches and Heretic and did a Den of Danger run with a human assassin, venom sword, Patches, 25 gold, the generic sword from the blacksmith. Crashed when I picked up some money.

Immediately unlocked the same two upgrades and attempted the same thing, again crashed on money pick-up!
glownmelby

Postby borgulz on Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:09 pm

I LOVE the new name of ex-insta-worship.

but I liked scout boss.
borgulz

Postby bla0815 on Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:39 pm

The game always crashes for me when a poisoned enemy regens.

Anyone figured out the effects of patches yet? As the negative effects i found poison and manaburn and for the positive effects i had 4% resistances and 5% dmg so far. There might have been modifications to my HP, but i'm not sure about that.
bla0815

Postby FDru on Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:09 pm

Occasionally the bear would teleport me to a random location, or reveal a large number of tiles around me.

Then I died cause I didn't notice a mana burn and tried to fireball a boss :roll:
FDru

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons