Interface tidbits

All things Desktop Dungeons

Interface tidbits

Postby PLG on Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:04 pm

I have noticed a few things with the Beta, that could be made better.

• THE SOUND ROCKS! Love the special effects! But, you are missing one that alerts the user when he hits a hotkey for a spell and doesn't have the mana left to cast it. I've died multiple times because of this.
  • You can not swap two items in the inventory. Only move them around when there is a space free. That is nice anyhoo so that you can reconfig the hotkeys.
  • While the upstairs level is loading, I get a slight lag which makes me want to push the spacebar again, making me go downstairs again.

And also... put more screenshots or a youtube vid so that people can see what the beta looks like... MUCH BETTER! Worth the cash!

Maybe more later...
PLG

Re: Interface tidbits

Postby dislekcia on Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:17 pm

The unable to cast sound is a good idea, added to the resource list. I've been banging away at item swapping intermittently for the last couple of weeks, but rarely get a lot of time to focus on it between resource stuff. That will happen eventually...

Screenshots and youtube stuff probably makes a lot of sense ;)
dislekcia

Postby Buttons on Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:48 pm

Is there a way to move a whole row of small items at once? It's a bit of a pain to drag each potion/spoon/charm when I want to reconfigure my hotkeys.
Buttons

Postby PLG on Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:31 am

More tidbits....

• I personally found an advantage in the alpha version when browsing around using mouseover.
    You could repeatedly mouseover different classes and races to see quickly browse through the special abilities. In the beta, you have to enter each building or start an adventure to be able to browse all classes and races simultaneously.
  • Another point is that you use the little blue flags for two different reasons. On the quests they signify "TODO", but on the puzzles, they signify "DONE". Very confusing and inconsistent!

[Add disclaimer to keep people from throwing rocks here]
PLG

Return to Desktop Dungeons