[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Complicated Tasks, Pt 6 Help!

Complicated Tasks, Pt 6 Help!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Complicated Tasks, Pt 6 Help!

Postby Novusagoris on Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:40 pm

How to complete the final of the witch’s quests (priest in the Magma Mines, no potions allowed)?
Many thanks in advance for any useful help or hints.
Novusagoris

Re: Complicated Tasks, Pt 6 Help!

Postby Wargizmo on Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:37 pm

The best way to do this (now that poison has been nerfed) is by worshipping a god which has healing, either Glowing Guardian or Dracul.

For my last run I picked human using trisword and had glowing guardian, this worked pretty well. You'll have to base your levelling strategy around whatever glyphs you find. Make sure don't convert fireball, as one of the bosses is immune to physical.

With glowing guardian you want to worship him right from the start, taking humility as soon as you can. Level up only on higher level monsters for extra piety and get to enlightenment, this won't be too hard as you'll be converting all potions which gives you piety, you'll also get piety for converting glyphs and items, and you can use sanctify as well. Take absolution boon once you get to level 7 or so, the massive amount of hitpoints he gives will help him heal you better when you take on the bosses as GG's heal is % based.

Take on the magic immune boss first, try to tackle him about level 7-8 when you're 1 kill away from levelling up, that way you can use the levelup to heal mid fight. You should be able to beat him with only 1-2 uses of protection boon, save 6 mana as the physical immune boss will be reduced to 1hp once you kill the first boss and you'll need 1 fireball to kill him.

The final boss is actually easier than the first one, you should have enough piety for at least 1 more cast of protection, and hopefully you'll have enough tiles to heal/mana to full before fighting him. You might need to convert your items and desecrate altars to scrounge together enough piety for another heal, I was able to do it without needing to do any desecrating, but I did need to convert the tower shield I bought and my fireball glyph.

If you find yourself with Dracul instead of GG, try to worship another god, like Taurog or Binlor first, this will allow you to build up to 100 piety very easily (Dracul is quite hard to build piety without sacrificing your health) then convert to Dracul once you have 100 piety, make sure you kill undeads before converting. Dracul gets piety from converting health potions and heal/sidestep glyphs so save those until you convert too. I usually take Dracul's shield ability (20% resists) as soon as I convert and then save all the rest of his piety for healing. The priest has quite a bit of spare health which you can sacrifice for piety with Dracul if you're desperate for heals at the end.

I hope this helps!
Wargizmo

Postby PeaceChaser on Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:04 pm

There is a part 6? How did you get past 5? I'm getting humbled here. I thought I was good at this game.
PeaceChaser

Postby Novusagoris on Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:22 pm

Novusagoris

Postby spoomak on Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:40 pm

spoomak

Postby PeaceChaser on Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:19 pm

PeaceChaser

Postby Wargizmo on Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:33 pm

There's a few good tips on beating part 5 in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=642&hilit=complicated&start=80

Dragon shield definitely helps a lot for this quest (if you haven't got it yet the dragon shield dungeon is fairly easy to beat with Berserker, can't remember the name of it).
Wargizmo

Postby spoomak on Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:01 pm

spoomak

Postby DalaranJ on Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:42 pm

The issue is that you must have both a medal and maxed out Taurog, because unless there is some way to get up to dealing 75% of his health in damage I need 4 protections to beat the boss.

Edit: I don't have the dragon shield though, so I don't know if that would resist enough to tank his berserk hits.
You can't cut back on kingdom funding. You will regret this!
DalaranJ

Postby Wargizmo on Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:43 pm

Remember you can also use a first strike potion to get the last hit off without needing protection.

The two ways to beat this are either focusing on max damage, and getting as much death protect as you can, or you can get just enough hp/resists to absorb a berserk hit (this is possible with dragon shield + Taurog's armor or dragon shield + enlightenment and taking Swap: mana for HP as a preparation) and focus the rest on damage.
Wargizmo

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons