[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Complicated Tasks, Pt 6 Help!

Complicated Tasks, Pt 6 Help!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Complicated Tasks, Pt 6 Help!

Postby FDru on Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:07 am

FDru

Postby Wargizmo on Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:22 am

They should be unlocked after you beat part 4 of the witch quest.
Wargizmo

Postby PeaceChaser on Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:36 am

Looks like I had the courage badge and the warriors mark mixed up.
PeaceChaser

Postby FDru on Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:02 am

FDru

Postby Wargizmo on Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:11 am

The actual name of the potion is reflex potion, but it gives you first strike.

They might have changed that in the last patch, because I'm 90% sure I got the reflex and dodge potions unlocked after upgrading the witch hut following part 3 or 4, and then the strength, whupaz and schadenfreude potions after part 6.
Wargizmo

Postby PeaceChaser on Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:14 am

whupaz should have a tin can icon.
PeaceChaser

Postby q 3 on Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:27 am

Quicksilver potion should also be useful for this quest now - just leave a low level Frozen Troll or two alive to swing at until you're ready to dodge, and you can get a free hit in before resorting to death protection.
q 3

Postby Abraxas on Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:56 pm

Sorry about bringing this topic back up, but I'm at my wits' end here. I've lost count of how many times I have attempted this quest, and not once did I get anywhere near being able to beat it.

I've tried reading the advice given in this topic, but it was given a while ago and updates happened meanwhile, and it just doesn't work anymore.

To be fair, the Magma Mines as a whole is a dungeon that gives me a lot of trouble even outside this quest, more so than any other hard dungeon, so maybe I'm just taking a bad approach to the dungeon as a whole.

In any case, I've tried everything, from experimenting with every class (except the potion ones of course) to worshiping gods I normally wouldn't consider in this scenario, and nothing has worked thus far. I'm running out of ideas here.

Any help would be much appreciated.
That which is not dead may eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
Abraxas

Postby Gorgon on Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:32 pm

Potions such as schadenfreude and strength are allowed. You need to get the 'feeling parched' medal, so only health and mana potions are prohibited. Bring as many potions as you can from the witch.

A good replacement for the human + tri-sword strategy is using an orc with the sensation stone and a conversion seal.

Use the Taurog/Binlor + Dracul/GG strategy from the first reply. Good deity replacements are Jehora Jeheyu (transforms health/mana into permanent boosts) and Tikki Tooki (transforms HP potions into quicksilver/reflexes).
Gorgon

Postby gjaustin on Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:53 pm

Assuming this hasn't been changed, you can also get yourself over 100 bonus HP if you use GG.

Bring in a Shield and split a level 1 snake as many times as you can. Then use Absolution to turn them into 3 HP each.
gjaustin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons