Is it just me, or has crash frequency greatly increased?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Is it just me, or has crash frequency greatly increased?

Postby Kamendae on Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:01 pm

Seems that, starting with two patches ago, and increasing even more with the most recent patch, I have a really hard time even completing a single run. I'll get half, two-thirds, three-quarters of the way through - sometimes even when taking the last shot or two on the boss - and Unity will crash on me.

Question for the devs: If we fill out the crash report comments when Unity crashes, do you see that, or do the developers of the Unity engine see that?
Kamendae

Re: Is it just me, or has crash frequency greatly increased?

Postby FDru on Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:59 am

It does seem to crash more and more as I progress. It may be a memory issue, as suggested here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=683

I started over with a new profile and haven't had a crash yet and am probably about 3/4ths of the way through the content that I had completed on my first profile.
FDru

Postby q 3 on Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:08 am

I've never experienced a Unity crash in the entire beta - but my comp has 4 GB of RAM, so you might well be experiencing a memory issue.
q 3

Postby Leonardo_Monetti on Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:18 pm

Does that mean that, since my pc only has 1 gb of ram. (And no, can't get more, and can't afford to get a newer pc unfortunately) I won't be able to play the game to the end?. I am still at the start, playing sporadically, but having issues already with Unity to begin with. I hope those issues won't translate to the non web based game, but I guess they might.
Leonardo_Monetti

Postby Kamendae on Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:39 am

Theoretically possible, I guess - but mine has 6. ;)
Kamendae

Postby spoomak on Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:38 pm

I've experienced frequent crashes ever since that save conversion a few weeks ago. I never had a crash before that. Maybe I should start over with a new profile and see if that helps.
spoomak

Postby Zalminen on Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:27 am

I've never had Unity crash while playing (and I'm running DD on a netbook with little memory) but it does often crash on startup and it starts _really_ slow.
But once I get to the login screen, it works fine.
Zalminen

Return to Desktop Dungeons