[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Beta update: Soko and Crime

Beta update: Soko and Crime

All things Desktop Dungeons

Beta update: Soko and Crime

Postby GoatBot on Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:12 pm

GoatBot

Re: Beta update: Soko and Crime

Postby Signal on Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:25 am

Since the second potion in the last puzzle is unnecessary, having it feels inelegant.
Signal

Postby q 3 on Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:42 am

The only purchase I made was a Mage Plate which probably wasn't necessary; I also took a few hits of Blood Power and one Blood Curse, but if I were to use PISORF for offense rather than BURNDARAYZ it should be possible to get the Faithless badge as well. Honestly, I think the first Transmuter (no MP regen, 0 MP ENDISWAL/IMAWAL) was probably the most balanced and most interesting of the three attempts thus far - the real problem (and what remains a problem) is the Rock Heart, not only for Transmuters but also for PISORF tactics. I would suggest having the Rock Heart only restore +1 MP per wall and also reducing your max resistance by somewhere around 25%, which should be a reasonable nerf for its two broken tactics while still keeping it as a reasonably useful item for other purposes.

Soko-trolls are cute.
q 3

Postby Wargizmo on Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:04 am

Soko trolls - done 1-5 and 7. 6 feels impossible, I'm assuming there's some game mechanic that I'm missing.
Wargizmo

Postby The Avatar on Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:58 am

I always end up one short on 3 and 6
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby FDru on Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:53 am

6 is easy and you will feel dumb when you figure it out (at least I did).
FDru

Postby fall_ark on Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:05 am

fall_ark

Postby Darvin on Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:54 am

Something needs to be done about the Transmuter/Rock Heart combo. I do not have Rock Heart in my locker, and as a result I really feel like I can't play the Transmuter (at least without doing abusive stunts like the one q3 demonstrated).

Also, I don't know why people are stumped on puzzle 6. The only ones that are giving me any trouble are 4 and 7, which I'll come back to later (too tired now).
Darvin

Postby FDru on Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:23 am

If you could play the transmuter before, you can now. The only problem is that the cost of breaking walls is too high to use fireball initially, so you probably need to run around collecting mana boosters first, or play an elf. Honestly though this is an issue even with the rock heart.
FDru

Postby Darvin on Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:44 am

I'm not saying he's unplayable; I just feel like I'm playing a class at half-strength because I don't have the obvious synergy in my locker.

Bottom line is that this class will be balanced on the presumption you have a rock heart (when they finally get it right), so why not just cut to the chase and make him start with the blasted thing in his inventory rather than creating a locker tax for transmuters.
Darvin

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons