[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Beta Update: an open letter to the Kingdom

Beta Update: an open letter to the Kingdom

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Beta Update: an open letter to the Kingdom

Postby Darvin on Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:53 am

Darvin

Postby gjaustin on Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:22 pm

gjaustin

Postby TigerKnee on Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:43 pm

The Sorcerer is extremely strong in the early game as long as you have a good glyph but his advantages peter out as you approach late game. In this version of DD, the early-game is basically the easiest part because you can bring a bunch of preparations and you mostly want power for the later parts of the dungeon, which is where the Sorcerer doesn't quite catch up.

My comments:

1) Looks okay.

2) Same. Though it's sad when even at 20% each the Dragon Shield is better than 2 of Trog's items

3) Naw, if we're going to revamp the monk, let's make him more interesting. People really only tolerated the old monk because he abuses items very well in Alpha which is where all his interesting play came from, in a sense. With the new item set-up he's just boring now.

4) I don't know, I already think the Cydstepp change to specifically favour Warlords is rather... clunky.

5) If you lower the Berserker's Magic Resist, you probably need to readjust his other abilities. -2 glyph cost is VERY crippling along with the Wizard's -25% damage. If the designers stop relying on Mana Burners he won't be as good anymore.

6) No objections. I daresay to remove the damage penalty entirely.
TigerKnee

Postby gjaustin on Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:17 pm

Hmm, that's a fair enough point about the Sorcerer. His late game bonuses are sort of subtle (13+ extra mana, 92+ extra health, 8+ "bonus damage" per hit).

On the Berserker, you may very well be right that he'd need another buff to offset the loss of resistances. I almost included a suggestion for that, but I think that considering he already has +60% damage, he may end up not needing it.
gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:35 pm

YES!

SUCK ON THAT NAMTAR!

Got to credit the devs for namtar its truly incredible. For a rogue though the last three forms are incredibly easy with the first strike even with underworld penalties. That makes to Vicious wins with a rogue (Nammy, avatar) and one with a monk (matron). Now I just got to beat Naga City
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby aguydude on Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:51 am

aguydude

Postby The Avatar on Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:15 am

Could not agree more on fighter. The class just plain sucks.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby The Avatar on Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:18 pm

As for monk I beat matron of flame with human monk with taurog and trisword just by saving half the map and regen fighting the matron, so while its dull it isn't that bad at lev 10 if they don't poison

The Avatar

Postby The Avatar on Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:57 pm

They should add a desert tile set for northern desert and a library tileset for demonic library

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:08 pm

Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons