[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Beta Update: an open letter to the Kingdom

Beta Update: an open letter to the Kingdom

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Beta Update: an open letter to the Kingdom

Postby The Avatar on Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:15 pm

Complicated tasks part 5 is impossible without being able to convert glyphs because my warmonger won't let me
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby The Avatar on Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:34 pm

They should make namtar's ward stack it's death protections with it's being last priority and possibly reduce hp penalty to one per level, but then it might be too good.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby The Avatar on Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:23 pm

They should add more northern dungeons that part of the map seems rather barren

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:55 am

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:22 pm

So a winning run should go something like this.
1) Find helpmeh agnostics collar and GG
2) Use humility at lev 2 and when you get to 85 piety use absolution and convert to dracul
3) Immediately take blood shield, blood curse/ descrate altars so you can switch to MA asap
4) Go into the arena convert to MA get last boss as low as possible spam magic boon to get magic to 18 then kill boss
5) once out of potions convert to GG for protection and then eventually dracul for bloodswell desecrating altars when necessary.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:36 pm

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:19 pm

The one problem I'm having with dwarfs is I cannot get high enough attack

The Avatar

Postby The Avatar on Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:27 pm

I seem to need tri-sword or berserker blade, agnostics collar, tower shield, HALPMEH, and GG+drac up top.

My criteria is if I can kill lord gobb potion-less.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:41 pm

Darvin

Postby gjaustin on Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:36 am

Just managed to beat Naga City without finding either an Agnostic's Collar or Tri-sword in a store. I ended up not even having to desecrate any altars.

Used a Dwarf Thief with Dragon Shield and the 2 HP to 2 Attack preps, Reflex/Whupaz potions (and others)
Bought two extra potions, a Tower Shield, and a Badge of Courage
Found CYDSTEPP
Started with Binlor, got Stone Fist, then got up to 100 piety.
Converted to Glowing Guardian, Humilty, used Absolution around level 5, used Enlightenment.
Entered the arena at level 8, which helped since I got two level ups while fighting.
Converted to Mystera to build piety (and use Refreshment), then converted back to Glowing Guardian after I used my potions
gjaustin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons