Darn these soko-trolls

All things Desktop Dungeons

Darn these soko-trolls

Postby The Avatar on Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:47 pm

Can anyone help me with soko trolls I can't beat 3 or 4 it is torturing me!

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated and if anyone else is having a troll problem post yours here too.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Re: Darn these soko-trolls

Postby FDru on Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:57 pm

For #3, move each troll to the hole that they are closest to.

If you need more help, the top-right troll gets moved 4 times, the bottom-right troll gets moved once, the left two get moved twice each.

For #4 one of the trolls needs to be moved out of the square box in the middle, then pushed back in later.

To me more precise, you need to break the wall under the level 2 troll then push one out that way, and then position two of the other trolls, then move it back in and do the last 2 slots.
FDru

Postby spoomak on Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:04 pm

I've named each troll in this pic.

Part 3:
A south
B southwest
A north
C southwest
The rest should be easy.

Part 4:
C south
B west
A north
C southeast
The rest should be easy.
spoomak

Postby The Avatar on Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:25 pm

Thanks a ton! I finished all of em'!
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Murdus on Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:07 pm

How did you manage to do 6-7, OP? I feel dumb as hell, as I can't for the life of me figure them out. (I always hated puzzles.)
Murdus

Postby zeemeerman2 on Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:44 am

Please help me too with the last one. I just can't seem to figure out. Just some hints or how to start so I can finish it on my own, are gladly appreciated.

Also, it seems part 4 has multiple solutions, as I broke the wall just under the level 2 boss and used him as a wall for other fleeing trolls: I needed one troll to go to the outer ring for one little moment, so I could re-position myself behind him.
zeemeerman2

Postby spoomak on Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:11 pm

I always start the last part by moving the trolls on the sides away. Then I push the level 2 troll east or west. That allows me to move two trolls to the lava stones immediately. Hope that helps.
spoomak

Postby FDru on Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:06 pm

I move one troll all the way around the map on the last one. Use it as a "wall" to insert the other three in the black slots. The only tricky part is getting it in the final slot.
FDru

Return to Desktop Dungeons