[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Game inspired by DD

Game inspired by DD

Talk to QCF .. we love to hear from you

Game inspired by DD

Postby squirrelnest on Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:36 am

Hey all,

I'm a huge fan of Desktop Dungeons, and I also happen to be one of those hobbyist programmers you may have heard of. You know, by day I work a menial job at a warehouse, by night I make poorly put together video games that amuse me but are a long way from the quality of games like, well, Desktop Dungeons.

Anyways my most recent project is heavily inspired by Desktop Dungeons. It's a rogue-like made in flash that takes place on a game show. It's fairly horrible to be honest, but I had a lot of fun making it. On the off chance anyone still checking this form is like crazy bored, you can find it here:

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/718459
squirrelnest

Re: Game inspired by DD

Postby dislekcia on Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:25 am

Wow, okay, there's a LOT to this!

I played for quite a while and got to some sort of secret portal level from killing a tree? Full of trees that didn't break to bombs and I had to hit golden tiles to get out? I only hit 3, then ran out of potions. I really like this, will come back to it over the weekend :)

Are you okay if I tweet the link for this, especially to roguelike players that would enjoy it?
dislekcia

Postby squirrelnest on Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:29 am

squirrelnest

Postby dislekcia on Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:16 pm

Quick question, are enemy spawns realtime or is me moving using up turns and summoning them?
dislekcia

Postby squirrelnest on Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:01 pm

It's turn based.

Your stealth stat is the number of steps you can move between each spawn.
squirrelnest

Return to General Discussion