[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Amazing Game! Any Predictions on Release Date?

Amazing Game! Any Predictions on Release Date?

Talk to QCF .. we love to hear from you

Re: Amazing Game! Any Predictions on Release Date?

Postby dislekcia on Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:49 am

dislekcia

Postby Galefury on Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:32 pm

I read the posts on qcfdesign.com, and a bit of the stuff on the forums. To me it seems like you are now mostly working on finalizing all the art, finishing the codex, bug fixes, and just general polish. Also on tweaking the special edition content.

If I had to make a trailer I would probably first briefly remind people of their good times with the alpha, then show them the glory of the full game while showing the basics of what you do in the game (explore, kill monsters, level up, kill more monsters). Mostly dungeony stuff, showing off the variety, but also some kingdom stuff thrown in. Not too much text, and not too long overall, maybe something like 2-3 minutes. I'm looking forward to seeing the trailer you come up with!
Galefury

Postby Raz on Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:24 pm

I read the QCF News posts, The Dev blog posts and check the forums regularly (and just love finding new content in all).
Graphics for adventuring map are the next obvious big step. Minor adjustments to new content (Goat Glade in particular).
Music is still to be implemented, but the way you dropped the mic on that announcement made it seem like that's in the bag, waiting for release I guess...
Not sure what else NEEDS to be done at this point- game seems releasable with the above to me.. not that i'm one to rush you all, I've been pleasantly suprised by most/all of the updates so far. Just relaying what I am aware of.

Keep up the polish, but it would be interesting to see what the list is that you have to work on still. If you are uncomfortable giving a date (understandable), maybe we would get some better feel for a chunk of time til completion.
Raz

Postby CoolBoy on Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:28 am

I haven't really been keeping up on game related news. However, my only real concern going into the beta way back when was the quality of the writing. I've been pleased ever since loading it up, as the dialogue is funny, well crafted, and interesting. I also liked the shout outs to movies, games, etc. Technical polish on the writing seems terrific right now. 100% release worthy in my view.
CoolBoy

Postby The Avatar on Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:29 am

The text, and for that matter the game, may be release worthy, but the devs still are adding some graphical polish (especially to the map).
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby dislekcia on Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:37 pm

Yeah, wait till you guys see the map screen. You'll understand why we didn't like the temporary one ;)
dislekcia

Previous

Return to General Discussion