[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Amazing Game! Any Predictions on Release Date?

Amazing Game! Any Predictions on Release Date?

Talk to QCF .. we love to hear from you

Re: Amazing Game! Any Predictions on Release Date?

Postby pRaz on Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:54 am

I remember last year when the game was predicted to come out in early 2012...

I'm getting really impatient, since I paid for access to the Beta (ie "bought the game") way back in late 2011. I almost never play because I primarily use a laptop and am not always online. I don't want the game to be rushed, but I would much rather have it actually release already and then just have patches. In my opinion, the game has been well balanced many times in the past - but it seems like things keep getting added and needing to be balanced when the fact is, I thought the game has already been in several "releasable" states.

Maybe just release the game soon and carry over any unfinished work to a sequel?

I'm just saying, I definitely remember a video from around January of 2012 which said the game was coming out "in a few months". Here we are 16 months later and it still looks to me like there's about 6 months or a year's worth of work on the schedule...
pRaz

Postby The Avatar on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:04 pm

It is not ready for release--the art isn't done yet, for one.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby dislekcia on Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:28 pm

I know.

The game is taking longer than we want as well. We haven't been adding balance changes for a while now in order to try to end the cycle you were talking about. Right now we're polishing the game - fixing the menus, adding animations, making up achievement names, etc.

I'm hoping we can get through all of this fast. I guess we just find it hard to release a game with all this temporary stuff still in it :(
dislekcia

Postby Ottbot on Wed May 01, 2013 1:20 am

I actually enjoy watching a game grow from the early stages of development, seeing all the changes that get implemented along the way. It's an interesting process to observe.

There's already a shocking amount of content for what is still considered a beta... you guys can take as long as you like, as far as I'm concerned.
Ottbot

Postby dislekcia on Thu May 02, 2013 12:04 pm

dislekcia

Postby arrenfrank on Thu May 16, 2013 6:16 am

I just wanted to add my voice to the contingent that appreciates how long you guys are taking to perfect the game. This came up in the RPS comments, with people grousing that they'd paid for the game n months ago, yet it's still not done.

I couldn't disagree more with this mentality. To me, the way our beta-purchases have enabled the development of the game to extend in the pursuit of perfection is the ideal manifestation of pre-release purchasing. I love the fact that rather than taking the easy way out and rushing the game to completion to take advantage of buzz, this labor of love has continued.
arrenfrank

Postby dislekcia on Thu May 16, 2013 10:15 am

We're really lucky to have gotten the support for the beta that we've had so far. The game would be very, very different if we hadn't taken a chance and gone the pre-order route when we were flat broke.
dislekcia

Postby oldschool on Fri May 17, 2013 7:34 am

Please, please, please keep registered player's current game progress when the full game comes out!

It would be painfully repetitive to have to play all those levels again and reach your current progress.
oldschool

Postby CoolBoy on Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:37 am

I haven't posted in months and months and months..... but enough about me.

Been jumping in the Beta here and there, and been very pleased by the updates. Excellent artwork, nice game mechanics, still expecting you'll have a stellar reception upon official release. Keep it up.

On a side note, I'm actually pleased you are taking as long as you are. Just means you care more, polishing your masterpiece.
CoolBoy

Postby trjp on Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:29 pm

trjp

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion