[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Stand alone exe version?

Stand alone exe version?

Talk to QCF .. we love to hear from you

Stand alone exe version?

Postby Riaktion on Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:09 pm

Hello

I pre ordered the game waaay back on the 14th of July 2011... so it has been over a year now and I was just wondering how close you guys are to releasing the stand alone version that isn't played within a browser.

To be honest I have played nothing of the browser based version, waiting for the final release of the game which I know is complete and fully featured, and can be played offline as a stand alone installation on my PC.

There has been no news of this as far as I can tell over the last 12 months, despite the constant updates and news about said updates.

Are you able to give some re assurance that we are getting closer to this final stand alone release? It is what I have paid for, and also what I have patiently waited over a year for.

Thanks for your hard work, a reply would be excellent. Thanks again.
Riaktion

Re: Stand alone exe version?

Postby dislekcia on Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:33 pm

We're constantly working towards the stand-alone Steam release (which you'll get sent a key for) - that's what the beta is for: Helping us test the game and make sure everything is as stable as we can get it for the final release.

We're stepping away from content and working on polishing subsystems and menus at the moment. We feel like we've been in the final stretch for months now... It's definitley taking longer than we'd like, so I can understand your frustration.

If you'd like to get a refund for your pre-order, PM me your email address and I'll sort that out for you :)
dislekcia

Postby Riaktion on Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:25 pm

Howdy

Thanks for the reply, good to hear you're getting closer :)

I'm not after a refund or anything like that, just some specific information on how close we are to getting to that final release. I do want to play the game, and own it! It's just I'm the kind of gamer that prefers to stay away from Betas and the like, purely because I want my first proper sit down with the game to be the one which you guys are happy enough with the distribute.

I hate feeling like there is another feature or something waiting to be put in or changed.. it is just the way I am hehe, and as there hasn't really been much word on the stand alone exe version (which it is great news will be available via Steam by the way) I thought I'd ask.

I know that when we get to that final and I am happily playing away, no doubt you'll patch things. tweak things and maybe even provide further content with DLC etc.. but I want to start enjoying desktop dungeons when you guys say it is done, and that si what I am waiting for.

Not sure if that is a common theme or not! But that is where I am coming from when I ask.

I promise I am not frustrated, merely curious and after re assurance that the stand alone version is still on the cards :)

Thanks guys, look forward to finally getting my mitts on the finished product and would appreciate any news on milestones you reach towards that if and when you can.

Cheers!
Riaktion

Postby pRaz on Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:38 am

I don't really want a refund, but I also don't want to be required to use Steam, are you saying that using Steam will be REQUIRED to play the stand-alone version? That's not what I signed up for... =\
pRaz

Postby dislekcia on Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:41 am

dislekcia

Postby pRaz on Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:49 am

Oh, I don't hate Steam, I'd just rather not have the game tied to it, I'm on an old computer (I don't play any modern PC games). If Steam's the only option, I won't really mind as long as it doesn't end up making the game have higher system requirements than it normally would (it already takes almost 10 minutes and all my system's memory to load Unity's front-end on the Beta, despite the fact that after it's loaded, it runs super fast and uses hardly any memory... which I don't really understand either).
pRaz

Postby dislekcia on Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:44 pm

Ah, I see.

A lot of that initial loading time is probably the game file being downloaded by the plugin, that will go away with the standalone file, no matter where it's being run from. Steam itself shouldn't push up any system requirements as far as I can tell so far.
dislekcia

Postby CoolBoy on Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:59 pm

Will save data from the Beta be compatible with the .exe version?
CoolBoy

Postby dislekcia on Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:08 am

dislekcia

Postby q 3 on Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:48 am

I don't have Steam installed and have no plans to do so, so it would be a minor inconvenience for me if that were the only way to play. I don't hate Steam or anything, it's just one more thing to sign up for that I don't feel like signing up for. Granted, I'll probably be sick of DD by the time it's released anyway, so don't mind me. ;)
q 3

Next

Return to General Discussion