[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Stand alone exe version?

Stand alone exe version?

Talk to QCF .. we love to hear from you

Re: Stand alone exe version?

Postby berpdreyfuss on Sat May 18, 2013 6:39 am

"I feel like I am in the minority and everyone else seems happy with how things are going."

I think you brought up a good point, because I guess most of the people on the forums enjoy what is happening in the beta, but people like you, who are just waiting for the release, don't post that often or at all. If you don't follow the development, I can see how it is frustrating or simply not interesting anymore.

It would be interesting to know how many people who have preordered didn't play at all until now.

Maybe, if a newsletter doesn't work, it's a good idea to place a sticky with the current stage of development for people who just check in every half year.

As for web.de, I used to send newsletters and most of the mails that bounced back or where the mailspace was full were from web.de.
berpdreyfuss

Postby pRaz on Wed May 22, 2013 2:59 am

I pre-ordered, but haven't played in many months. I primarily want to be able to play it on my laptop, and I am rarely online with it. It's getting very frustrating.
pRaz

Postby hempsader on Tue May 28, 2013 5:55 pm

Im frustrated too.I pre-ordered since 2011 i think, i played a little because i can't be online all the time.It's very sad but its a game made for money and decision made by pre-ordering was worst in my life .I know its a lost cause i will never see a standalone or an offline version.
p.s :bad english
hempsader

Postby dislekcia on Wed May 29, 2013 1:57 pm

dislekcia

Postby hempsader on Fri May 31, 2013 7:48 am

Well i think work to update even if was released on steam too,like most games does.Well i don't want a refund im just curious how long will pass till steam version.(probably years :D ) .The main problem for me is unity, on laptop is working very hard,its consume alot of cpu thats make my laptop to overheat( is not a hight end laptop ),and im not always connected to internet.
hempsader

Postby Riaktion on Fri May 31, 2013 5:29 pm

Riaktion

Postby berpdreyfuss on Fri May 31, 2013 8:32 pm

berpdreyfuss

Postby dislekcia on Fri May 31, 2013 9:19 pm

Chill peeps.

I'm glad hempsader's voicing his concerns. Mostly because if one person's feeling that way, you can be sure that other people who don't even know about the forums feel similarly. We made a promise when the game went up for pre-order, we have to honor that promise. That's why I asked what it was that we were doing that created that impression - we already know our communication off-forum is pretty bad, maybe there's something else we're not managing to do correctly...

Well, besides announce a release date. I used to talk about release times. I was always, always wrong :(
dislekcia

Postby hempsader on Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:13 am

hempsader

Postby berpdreyfuss on Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:41 am

No need to be sorry :)

I guess it has a lot to do with expectations. When the beta started I didn't buy it because I didn't want to play a game in progress but rather the finished game. Later I looked at the forums and saw that there is a very interesting development going on and that the testers are not just chasing bugs but are also discussing game mechanics, Items, dungeons and so on. And all that in a very friendly manner. So I joined knowing it would still be a while until the game is finished but am enjoying the process.

If I had bought it at the beginning only wanting the full game I would be getting frustrated as well, I guess.

I still think a sticky with current state of development, what is done and what still needs to be done, even without a time frame would be nice.
berpdreyfuss

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion