Page 3 of 4

Re: Stand alone exe version?

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:39 am
by berpdreyfuss
"I feel like I am in the minority and everyone else seems happy with how things are going."

I think you brought up a good point, because I guess most of the people on the forums enjoy what is happening in the beta, but people like you, who are just waiting for the release, don't post that often or at all. If you don't follow the development, I can see how it is frustrating or simply not interesting anymore.

It would be interesting to know how many people who have preordered didn't play at all until now.

Maybe, if a newsletter doesn't work, it's a good idea to place a sticky with the current stage of development for people who just check in every half year.

As for web.de, I used to send newsletters and most of the mails that bounced back or where the mailspace was full were from web.de.

Re: Stand alone exe version?

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 2:59 am
by pRaz
I pre-ordered, but haven't played in many months. I primarily want to be able to play it on my laptop, and I am rarely online with it. It's getting very frustrating.

Re: Stand alone exe version?

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:55 pm
by hempsader
Im frustrated too.I pre-ordered since 2011 i think, i played a little because i can't be online all the time.It's very sad but its a game made for money and decision made by pre-ordering was worst in my life .I know its a lost cause i will never see a standalone or an offline version.
p.s :bad english

Re: Stand alone exe version?

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 1:57 pm
by dislekcia
hempsader wrote:Im frustrated too.I pre-ordered since 2011 i think, i played a little because i can't be online all the time.It's very sad but its a game made for money and decision made by pre-ordering was worst in my life .I know its a lost cause i will never see a standalone or an offline version.
p.s :bad english


What makes you think that we're not working as hard as possible on producing a stand-alone full release? Because we keep saying that the game is coming to Steam and will be playable offline...

If you're that upset, are you sure you don't want a refund?

Re: Stand alone exe version?

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:48 am
by hempsader
Well i think work to update even if was released on steam too,like most games does.Well i don't want a refund im just curious how long will pass till steam version.(probably years :D ) .The main problem for me is unity, on laptop is working very hard,its consume alot of cpu thats make my laptop to overheat( is not a hight end laptop ),and im not always connected to internet.

Re: Stand alone exe version?

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:29 pm
by Riaktion
hempsader wrote:Im frustrated too.I pre-ordered since 2011 i think, i played a little because i can't be online all the time.It's very sad but its a game made for money and decision made by pre-ordering was worst in my life .I know its a lost cause i will never see a standalone or an offline version.
p.s :bad english


I think that's harsh Hempsader, although we are all hoping for a stand alone release, there is no way you can say Desktop Dungeons is a "lost cause", there aren't any grounds for that.

As much as I share your frustration around the length of time between pre-order and delivery.. I think you need a little perspective and note the hard work the team are putting in to make the game as good as it can be.

We've already been over communication on this thread, and that wasn't an intentional snub by QCF on the community, so as a gamer like you, I'd appreciate it if you had some perspective on your comments or at the very least make them constructive.

I don't wish to start an argument, but I hope you understand that I can't help jump to the defense of QCF who have been nothing but gracious and understanding of the concerns expressed on their forum, which is a rarity among developers and studios and something we should be applauding and grateful for, especially when it's a small team who actually have the bravery to make something a little different like Desktop Dungeons.

That said, fingers crossed for a release date soon, :)

Re: Stand alone exe version?

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 8:32 pm
by berpdreyfuss
Riaktion wrote:I don't wish to start an argument, but I hope you understand that I can't help jump to the defense of QCF who have been nothing but gracious and understanding of the concerns expressed on their forum, which is a rarity among developers and studios and something we should be applauding and grateful for, especially when it's a small team who actually have the bravery to make something a little different like Desktop Dungeons.


Well said, I join the applause...

Re: Stand alone exe version?

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:19 pm
by dislekcia
Chill peeps.

I'm glad hempsader's voicing his concerns. Mostly because if one person's feeling that way, you can be sure that other people who don't even know about the forums feel similarly. We made a promise when the game went up for pre-order, we have to honor that promise. That's why I asked what it was that we were doing that created that impression - we already know our communication off-forum is pretty bad, maybe there's something else we're not managing to do correctly...

Well, besides announce a release date. I used to talk about release times. I was always, always wrong :(

Re: Stand alone exe version?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:13 am
by hempsader
berpdreyfuss wrote:
Riaktion wrote:I don't wish to start an argument, but I hope you understand that I can't help jump to the defense of QCF who have been nothing but gracious and understanding of the concerns expressed on their forum, which is a rarity among developers and studios and something we should be applauding and grateful for, especially when it's a small team who actually have the bravery to make something a little different like Desktop Dungeons.


Well said, I join the applause...



Well ok i understand,i don't know how hard is too work on a game however i think pre-order was too early.Well i guess im gonna wait for it. And sorry ,i don't want to argue i just say what worries me.

Re: Stand alone exe version?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:41 am
by berpdreyfuss
No need to be sorry :)

I guess it has a lot to do with expectations. When the beta started I didn't buy it because I didn't want to play a game in progress but rather the finished game. Later I looked at the forums and saw that there is a very interesting development going on and that the testers are not just chasing bugs but are also discussing game mechanics, Items, dungeons and so on. And all that in a very friendly manner. So I joined knowing it would still be a while until the game is finished but am enjoying the process.

If I had bought it at the beginning only wanting the full game I would be getting frustrated as well, I guess.

I still think a sticky with current state of development, what is done and what still needs to be done, even without a time frame would be nice.