Chrome Native Client?

Talk to QCF .. we love to hear from you

Chrome Native Client?

Postby aquasheep on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:34 pm

Is there, or will there ever be a version of DD for Chrome NaCl? I know the newest Unity version supports exporting, but I don't know if maybe you've tried this and some of the lack of features is just miserable. I ask because I'm normally a Linux user, and I would prefer to run DD on Linux where I have much more RAM free than on Windows so that the game will run more smoothly.
aquasheep

Re: Chrome Native Client?

Postby dislekcia on Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:21 pm

I've tried NaCl every time the Unity release notes have indicated an improvement. Still not great - fonts bug out and don't import correctly and there are a few other niggles that just wouldn't make it an OK version to release. We tried it as a way to deal with the Chrome problems we've been having recently and it doesn't help with that either :(
dislekcia

Postby aquasheep on Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:30 am

:( I was afraid of that. It definitely sounds a little too good to be true. Well, maybe the Linux export will work better when they finally unveil it, but then again... :?
aquasheep

Postby dislekcia on Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:54 am

The Linux export should be a lot better - we might have to struggle with fonts, but we can always bake those down to actual textures and reference them that way if it comes to it...
dislekcia

Postby tunah on Tue May 07, 2013 8:40 am

dislekcia wrote:I've tried NaCl every time the Unity release notes have indicated an improvement. Still not great - fonts bug out and don't import correctly and there are a few other niggles that just wouldn't make it an OK version to release. We tried it as a way to deal with the Chrome problems we've been having recently and it doesn't help with that either :(

Thanks for the effort! Hope it works out one of these days,
I'd love to play DD on my chromebook (which will run NaCl, but not the linux version).
tunah

Return to General Discussion