Game inspired by Desktop Dungeons

Talk to QCF .. we love to hear from you

Re: Game inspired by Desktop Dungeons

Postby Raz on Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:39 pm

Ahh.. figured out weapon swap. Also class selection, but platemale... what can you do to level that up? It says 0/2 on level bar at bottom, but never progresses. Stuck on Secret Cave 3/4 now. 4 has no descriptions (all boxes blank on select screen and freezes up when selected). Need a single seemingly impossible achievement to advance (door smasher/unstoppable).

New name suggestion - Enslavement by addictioN - :twisted:
Raz

Postby Nurator on Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:28 pm

Wow you reached the end of the version! I uploaded a new version with Secret Cave 4 implemented and some bugfixes and balancing stuff :)

Platemail should level by absorbing damage with it... dont know I hope in the new version it works :)

Very cool, that you like it so much :) Thanks for the name idea :D
Nurator

Postby Raz on Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:48 pm

Stumped by Overkill, Caves 3 Unstoppable & Door Smasher.
I'll be downloading new version immediately. :D
How long have you been working on this?

Edit: Platemail seems to be working now.
Glad you are making this. :D
Cave 4.. ? :? cant seem to get to bosses. Tough puzzle, will try again later.
Raz

Postby Nurator on Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:23 am

I have been working on it for 3 months now. But I am at a point now, where I can publish new levels very fast :) But I think the Secret Cave is much too hard now :D Dont know if I want to adress hardcore players like you or normal players^^ Maybe different difficulty settings :)
Nurator

Postby Raz on Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:07 pm

Different difficulties would be nice i guess. I seem to have hit a brick wall. :(
Challenges I'm stumped on: Fighter Challenge- overkill (5 points exactly? Have been able to do 2, 4 and 8 but cant come up with odd number), Cave 3 & 4- Doorsmasher (both- can't conceive how to 1hit final door), Unstoppable (have found no way to take down even 1 of these guys), Ping-Pong Master (one hit kills seem to negate this and one is blocking access to other two..).
I think you have a solid game going here and would love to hear about update progress as you go (and maybe a few hints for the thick (like me ;) ) who don't get the nuances of item/character level ups and how to best manipulate taking/giving damage). This seems like an all new game mechanic to me (advancement by taking damage) and I guess I'll need to replay some earlier levels to get an understanding of how to apply this to the mix with the other powerups to full advantage.
Raz

Postby Nurator on Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:33 pm

The Overkill was supposed to be any value above 5... changed that^^ Doors had a too high HP. I changed it. Its still a challenge but you will have no problem :) Unstoppable is supposed to teach you progression. You give up on it and then get a later quest to achieve 4 achievements there. You go in and stomp everything^^ You can try that now with Abandoned Hut 5!

Wait on till you get to later levels^^ Weapon+Armor+Offhand+Health+Mana+3 Skills+Gods :) I hope thats complex enough then ;-)

I will keep you posted! Thanks for the feedback! If you have any ideas for achieves/levels, just post them :) I can build in nearly everything^^
Nurator

Postby Nurator on Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:36 am

Mayor Update!

I included HealthPrediction, HelpSigns, Changed Graphics, Secret Cave is complete now and many small tweaks and bugfixes :)

Btw Raz: I need a good name for the main evil guy. How do you like "Raz" for it?^^

And do you know some friends who are maybe interested in that kind of games? The DD community feedback is not that much but you :D
Nurator

Postby The Avatar on Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:46 pm

I couldn't get it to work, even with the Mac build. When I hit download on the page you linked to the file name is UXVlc3QrZm9yK0FjaGlldmVtZW50cyUyOE1hY09zJTI5LnJhci5leGU=.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Raz on Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:08 am

Finally got Door Smasher (3) & Unstoppable! Leather armour just showed up.. upgraded now.

How about Razz Putin (not Russian are you- if so, no offence)?
What about a forest level- Misty Grove or something. Could be an outdoor setting (would require new tile set i guess..).
Druids/Sylvans for forest enemies?
Raz

Postby Nurator on Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:18 am

Hi Avatar :) Did you click on the file name on top of the screen? If you click download on the lower end you download only some kind of manager... I can change uploads if this happens to more people :D

You got Unstoppable, Raz? NICE! Did you beat Secret Cave 5 yet?^^ Razz Putin is a cool name :D I am german, so no problem :P

And can you read minds? The next level will be a forest level^^ The story gives a hint if you get to the end of the version :D And of course you will get a new tileset every dungeon :)
Nurator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion