Game inspired by Desktop Dungeons

Talk to QCF .. we love to hear from you

Re: Game inspired by Desktop Dungeons

Postby The Avatar on Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:30 pm

Oh... Wow, I feel dumb. I can't wait to try out the game!

EDIT: I'm just getting started, but here's what I think so far.

1. It seems quite fun. I love the taking damage to level mechanic. It makes for very... interesting gameplay.
2. Does it ever say when you unlock the next level of an area? It seems to me that it is after getting 3 achievements on the previous, but I'm not sure. Also, the dagger upgrades say win abandon hut yielding the dagger. Shouldn't that be wielding?
3. Is there any way to back out once you select an area? I keep accidentally hitting the tutorial...
4. What does "deal damage once" mean for the purposes of bringing the alarm from green to blue? Also, when it says "win secret cave as assassin" does that mean every level?

EDIT: I think I may have beaten the game (so far). Is there anything past the secret cave 5, and the first warrior and assassin challenges? Every unlock seems to need the library, except the forest trail, mage skillchallenge, and tree level three. Also, about the tree level 3--it doesn't seem to count the flags I got for getting all achievements in any given dungeon (found on the light blue tile). Also, another bug, you can switch classes on the class challenges...
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Nurator on Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:03 am

Hi Avatar! Thanks for the feedback :)

1. Thanks :) Interesting that everyone mentiones that^^ It came natural to the achievment thingy^^
2. Yes on the Levelscreen is said how many achievments you need in order to unlock the next level ;-) And you are right, changed it to wielding...
3. Didnt you read the signs? :D Press Escape to open the menu.
4. Deal damage once means you need to do that damage with ONE attack (not summed up)

And wow you already beat the game so far...^^ How long did it take you?

The dungeonflags are another kind of flag. You will unlock another tree for them (and get ready for the forest area, trees are worth quite a lot :) )

And thanks for the bug! Changed that.
Nurator

Postby The Avatar on Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:00 pm

For number 3 I meant picking the dungeon (as in the abandoned hut or the tutorial etc), not the specific level within a dungeon.

Overall it took me about 2.5-3 hours to beat up to here, and I enjoyed every minute of it. It has so much potential for complexity. It was fairly difficult near the end (beating Cave 3 with Assassin was a bit of pain, and so was no regeneration on Cave 5), but with Altars, Mana, and more the potential is massive.

Two questions:
1. How often will you be updating this with new chapters?
2. How large will the game eventually be?

EDIT: Another bug. When you kill only two of the sorcerer golem boss things (Cave 4) the old man appears and you can leave.

EDIT: Another (MAYBE) bug. I started a new profile to poke around for bugs, and I got through almost everything (all unlocks but warrior level 2) before realizeing I hadn't gotten the RAGE! achievement. I went back, and I don't know if it is possible now that I am forced into bringing armor which levels me and the fact that I am level 4 could also effect it. I think it might be doable if I could unequip my armor. Although the key point is that challenges should be doable at all times, or they should temporarily revert you to when they are doable. Alternatively, if this really only applies to class challenges, you could make class challenges provide you with set stats and items.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Nurator on Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:53 am

Hi Avatar :)

You can leave the levelscreen by clicking somewhere outside of it. I should say that somewhere^^

Awesome to hear, that you enjoy my game so much :)

1. I will update it when I get to it. I SHOULD work on my master thesis^^ So if I take a while longer for an update its a good sign :D
2. The first world is planned to be 10 levels + 12 class challenges + 6 rifts (I will not tell you now what that means :) )

The first is definitely a bug. I will check that. I thought about the second issue myself too.
The next update will be a complete interface overhaul with the possibility of not equipping anything :)

But I cant say when its coming out, maybe next week or the week after that?^^ I am really motivated by your feedback but I SHOULD work on my real work...^^
Nurator

Postby Nurator on Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:30 pm

HUUUUUGE Update!!!!!

Here is the Changelog:
-Remade the whole Level Interface. Now more prettier, more functional and real graphics!^^
-Included a whole new Level, the Corrupted Forest with 5 new sublevels and even the first real boss fight!
-2 new classes + Class Challenges, 1 new weapon, 1 new armor
-Magic!
-Active Abilitites!
-Many balancing tweaks and bug fixes
-New types of achievements
-Signs!
-Possibility to unequip items
-The Townportal on the Worldscreen blinks if an achievement inside the city is active and vice versa
-and and and...

I advise you to play the tutorial once again just to understand the new interface :)

Thanks and plz comment :)
Nurator

Postby The Avatar on Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:56 pm

I started a new file (per your advice), and you cannot win tutorial 2. It does not register you picking up the powerup, so you cannot complete that goal and thus win the level. Please update a working build, I would rather like to try out this new stuff...

The Avatar

Postby Nurator on Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:14 am

Oh man... I hate these last minute changes ("Ah this change will do no harm")...

Uploaded a working version. :)
Nurator

Postby The Avatar on Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:10 pm

Classic.

I found another bug: in abandoned hut 2, you can only see 2 out of the three exits' text. The final one you stop at just says I win!

EDIT: One of the two attack boosters in Cave 3 is broken. Also, I just can't seem to beat the glorious path for assassin challenge or cave 4 without armor.

If you complete the last goal and get the win thing and click on something you cannot path to, it stops the win thing.

As for the new interface, I must say it is great except for the combat predictor. The old one was much easier to follow. You can follow this one, but you have to puzzle through it instead of knowing at a glance what is going to happen.

More bugs! When I beat corrupted forest 1, I could not click on anything (this could be on my end). When I bought the southeastern road, I had to click away to the map and then back to see the expanded town view. The first upgrade for the dungeon mark tree doesn't bring up anything in the town except the next upgrade for it... I beat cave 3 as a wizard with a staff, and it gave me the win conformation 3 times. All the quests that say never get over ____ mean never get equal to or over ____. Also, how do you score those achievements? I beat cave 4 with speed (always) under 15 and I didn't get the achievement. Leveling up Raz respawns his corruption, making extermination ridiculously easy. In cave 5 it says don't rang the orange alarm. It should be don't ring the orange alarm.

EDIT: What's up with glorious path and extreme gardening? I can't seem to get either to work in anyway. I just confirmed slow fight is broken.

The Avatar

Postby Nurator on Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:40 am

Damn you bugs... I will look into them later. Its the first iteration of the new interface. I will take some more feedback and then redo some things :)

But you got to the end of it, so no gamebreaking bugs anymore :) Thats good :) Did you like the new Dungeons?
Nurator

Postby Nurator on Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:20 pm

Ok to your bugs:
-You can see all three signs again
-The attack booster works fine. It increases by 10%, it is round down ;-)
-Changed Assassin Challenge. Glorious Path is now possible
-Slow Fight possible now
-How did you get into the Forest when you say you cant complete Cave 4 with no Armor?

Hmmm I cant reproduce the "If you complete the last goal and get the win thing and click on something you cannot path to, it stops the win thing.". Where does this happen?

Map expands itself for me... Dungeon Mark Tree works aswell. Maybe you didnt click it right?^^

Strange Bugs. I hate bugs, that show up sometimes...
Nurator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion