Almost perfect

Talk to QCF .. we love to hear from you

Almost perfect

Postby Somnium on Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:08 pm

Hello guys,

First of all let me say that I am a BIG fan of the game.I've played it A LOT and I LOVE it.

However the full release has been a slight dissapointment, due to only one small but important detail...

RESOLUTION. Seriously guys, the game is so good but it hurts my eyes in full screen and the small version is just not very immersive, at least when I played on your website there were black borders for the rest of the screen, but now that it is out on steam, with this awesome music and everything, I really want to be IMMERSED in the game and I can't because 1,5 is just so fuzzy and still leaves free space (!) and 2x is even fuzzier and it cuts part of the game out of my screen (like whaat).

It's not a big issue but it's a frusterating one. PLEASE PLEASE patch the game with decent resolution for all your awesome graphics and animations and fix your fullscreen option so it doesn't cut out of the game. (tip: tooltips on items and stuff also act weird in fullscreen, words are cut)
Somnium

Re: Almost perfect

Postby lorgon111 on Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:25 am

I was very glad when the 1.5 option was added (which looks pretty good in a window on my screen); my comment about resolution is that I would really prefer 16:9 (e.g. 720p) as a kind of native resolution. Video of this game has black bars on the sides... it feels like the dungeon screen could perhaps be improved by making the play area wider, so that signs/passages/etc need not have a tabbed interface over the inventory (but could instead appear farther to the right), and the temporary attributes of your character (like death protection or dodge chance) need not be the little tiny boxes over the art (but could appear in a list on the right), or something, maybe.

Love the gameplay and the kingdom progression, though :)
See my Desktop Dungeons playlist at http://www.youtube.com/user/lorgon111
lorgon111

Re: Almost perfect

Postby JayPlaysIndieGames on Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:16 pm

if you go to full screen video has books on the side now instead of black bars.
http://www.youtube.com/JayPlaysIndieGames
Check out the Desktop Dungeons Review, let's play, and tutorials :)
JayPlaysIndieGames

Return to General Discussion