This game really deserves an smartphone version

Talk to QCF .. we love to hear from you

This game really deserves an smartphone version

Postby Windave on Tue May 16, 2017 1:04 pm

Hey! How are you doing?
Well, first of all I would like to congratulate the devs because this game is really the deepest puzzle roguelike I've ever played. The possibilities and the brain melting in here is really unique.

It is so unique that I really think it is a shame that this game can't be run on smartphones with 5'1'' displays for example.

I mean, there is a game that have been made inspired by DD (Dungeon ascendance) that it is very similar in the visuals and controls, but not so good on the gameplay, and it can be played smoothly on a smarthphone screen.

I believe that it is not that hard to maybe patch Desktop Dungeons in order to let it zoom and hold to move the map, it just needs that to be playable... I know coding that is not THAT easy but for real, the game is not reaching most of the people because of this simple thing.

In my case, and many others, I would pay instantly for the android app if it runs on my mobile. The Tablet is too big, I can't play while traveling neither using the device I use everyday.

Thanks for reading!
Windave

Re: This game really deserves an smartphone version

Postby dislekcia on Tue May 16, 2017 2:46 pm

Sorry, but it really is too expensive to do the conversion work required to make the game run well on arbitrary phone screen sizes. If Android were a larger market and people actually paid for games on there (you don't want to see our piracy stats) then maybe it'd be worth it if we could guarantee good sales. Unfortunately we can't - we need to work on other games to try and keep this company alive :)

I get that you'd prefer to have the game on your phone, but I'm afraid we can't really make that happen without some serious time/cash investment right now.
dislekcia

Re: This game really deserves an smartphone version

Postby Windave on Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:00 pm

I understand. Thanks for the answer!
I hope you can do well with a new game, you really deserve to earn money for your work, you made the best puzzle roguelike ever! Keep it up!
Windave

Return to General Discussion