[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Invalid login data on 2nd install

Invalid login data on 2nd install

Got a problem? Let us know!

Invalid login data on 2nd install

Postby MrCee on Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:19 pm

Hello there "again",

it seems (your posts = 0) that my first post about my issue got lost somehow? So I give it a second try:

I bought DD via GOG recently, installed it on my Win PC and dived into it (with some not-so-minor pre-experience on the free alpha). Then I created an account with the purchased key and synced into the cloud.

Third step was a 2nd installation on my upcoming linux machine, went flawlessly... beside the fact that I cant sync because it didnt accept my account information (invalid)?! Tried several times, even resetted the password once - same result.
Cross-check: a try to use the account for the web version succeeded instantly.

Is there any barrier I dont see, anything I can do? How do I sync between windows and linux??

Another strange notice from the research (and maybe helpful): trying to 'create a new account' on the linux with the same data doesnt refuse is as 'already in use' (expected) but as 'invalid key' instead...?

hopefully waiting
MrCee
MrCee

Re: Invalid login data on 2nd install

Postby dislekcia on Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:44 am

There's a bug with Unity input on Linux machines that means you need to copy-paste your email in to the game from another text editor. Apparently @ signs confuse the input handler on some Linux distros, we have no idea why. It's been brought up a few times on the forum already, it's in the FAQ.

Also, your previous post was in a moderation queue, as was this one. I've deleted the duplicate post and kept this one as it had more information. Also in the FAQ ;)
dislekcia

Postby MrCee on Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:11 am

Thank you - I had hoped for the deletion after I noticed the doublepost.
I've noticed the moderation queue - before and after I posted the 2nd; I was just irritated by the fact that my data showed 'zero' messages sent, so I assumed something may have gone wrong. (and I hoped it to be slightly faster) ;)

For the issue: so even on a 'regular' installation (non-browser) it relies on unity? Didnt see the relation to my issue - but of course it worked, thanks again!
MrCee

Postby dislekcia on Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:15 am

I don't mean the Linux-related display thing called Unity. Desktop Dungeons the game was build using Unity3D.
dislekcia

Postby Koerq on Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:34 am

This will sound very very dumb but I did not manage to copy paste text into the game as neither the ctrl+v nor right-click does anything. Plz, halp! I want my juicy old kingdom back!!
Koerq

Postby dislekcia on Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:07 am

dislekcia

Return to Support