Game loaded twice and never again

Got a problem? Let us know!

Game loaded twice and never again

Postby magical125 on Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:43 am

I pre-ordered the game about a week about since I loved the original and the newer version looks wonderful and worth the money since I had poured hours into the alpha version. When I first got the game everything worked fine, I played it for a couple of hours and I was looking forward to playing it more later. But no, "Failed to download data file" is all I got from unity. I cleared my cookies and then the game loaded fine, and I played for longer, figuring that I would have to clear my cache every time that error comes up, not too big a deal. But then that fix never worked again. I cleared every file that I know of that's connected to unity to uninstall it, but re-installing didn't work. I can play other unity games just fine.

I use chrome as my main browser, Firefox won't even recognize that I have unity installed (it has the install unity button, and it never goes away no matter how many times I re-install), and IE says "Invalid Data File" whatever the hell that means. I don't know what the is going on, I've spent way to long trying to fix this, and I am frustrated beyond measure.
magical125

Re: Game loaded twice and never again

Postby dislekcia on Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:33 am

Wow, ok, sounds like there are multiple issues going on there... I really have no idea how to fix your browser plugin problems - Do you have anything that's preventing plugins from installing properly? Are your browsers up to date? Have you tried Chrome?

In terms of data file corruption, it might be that your ISP is serving you a corrupt file that it's got cached. Hopefully today's update will mean it'll have to download a new file and whatever the issue is will stop pointing to a broken data file...
dislekcia

Re: Game loaded twice and never again

Postby magical125 on Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:20 pm

Chrome is up to date, and nothing is preventing plugins from installing to my knowledge. As I said before, the first time I played the game ran without issue.

Unfortunately the update didn't fix it, from what I can tell my browser doesn't even attempt to download anything, and it just automatically fails.

PS: The fuck... literally as I typed it starts to work. I'll keep you posted if it messes up again (or not, hopefully)
magical125

Return to Support