More problems with Unity - I can't fix them!

Got a problem? Let us know!

More problems with Unity - I can't fix them!

Postby l0bban on Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:54 am

Hi!

Hadn't been playing DesktopD for about 2 months as it at that time suddenly got serious graphic errors on every browser I tried (strange vector lines crossing the game screen - I couldn't get rid of them).
I started the game for the first time again today and now the Unity player don't work at all - no change done to it on my computer since I played 2 months ago, and at that time it started the game, despite the graphical errors.
I saw the answer to the previous poster below and as I maybe have the same problem I tried the following:

1. Emptied every cache/history/etc in firefox, internetExplorer, googleChrome.
2. Emptied every cache/history/etc on my computer.

Downloaded Unity and reinstalled it from the "Install manually" option that appears when Unityplayer don't load.
To no effect. I can't seem to find an upload option on this forum with the screenshot so I'll just describe it:
It says "error loading unity player" with options; "error details" and "install manually". When pressing "eror details" an infobox appears saying; "failed to load unity dll". I have reinstalled, reloaded and "un-cached" (as seen above) several times on both firefox, internetExplorer and googleChrome. Same problem on all of them. (The old graphical error also was the same on all browsers - but I don't know if that one is still there as the game don't load)

For information: I am using the latest WIndows XP as operative system.
l0bban

Re: More problems with Unity - I can't fix them!

Postby dislekcia on Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:35 am

Hmmm. That's a strange one.

Can you see which version of the Unity player you've got installed in your plugins system? It's definitely been updated since you last played and I'd like to make sure it's getting the correct version.

Otherwise, do you play other games on your machine without issues? It might be that Unity is crashing due to a lack of driver support, although that seems to be pretty rare.
dislekcia

Return to Support