Graphical issues

Got a problem? Let us know!

Graphical issues

Postby Soltaro on Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:22 pm

I just bought the game and to be honest I'm a little disappointed with the browser version of DD.

The unity player crashes/doesn't load when I want to play it fullscreen. The only way to play it is to re-adjust the window it seems.
Another thing is that the graphics seem to be a little off. Sometimes the whole screen goes black except a few buttons (text only) and the only way to solve it is to change profiles and load again.

Thirdly, the window with monster information seems bugged (though not 100% sure if it's simply not finished yet). It's mostly black and I can only see some numbers but not the amount of damage I'll do with one hit for example. That's kind of an important part of the game..
Is there a way to fix this?
Soltaro

Re: Graphical issues

Postby dislekcia on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:32 pm

Which browser is this happening in? We're having a spike of problems with DD in Chrome right now. They're honestly driving me mad...
dislekcia

Postby Soltaro on Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:11 pm

I use Chrome with only adblocker installed.
With I try IE, Unity just crashes all together.

Whenever I play the game and do something else/switch to other windows, the game often just locks out with a grey screen as well and doesn't respond anymore after that. Then when I try to reconnect I often can not because the Unity loading bar is stuck at 100%. (Seems to automatically fix itself after a "while")
All of this kinda ruins the "lets go for a quick game" which roguelike games are all about imo.
Soltaro

Postby Soltaro on Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:12 pm

I just installed Firefox and it seems to fix all the previously described issues.
Looks much better now.
Soltaro

Postby dislekcia on Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:03 pm

I'm sorry for the browser switch :(
dislekcia

Postby Soltaro on Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:00 pm

I only use it for the game and don't mind clicking 1 other icon. The game is fun now. But just so you know, the game looks rather crappy *with* those issues.
Hope you'll be able to fix them in the future.
Soltaro

Return to Support