Game launched and played fine, but now unity won't launch

Got a problem? Let us know!

Game launched and played fine, but now unity won't launch

Postby Minaro on Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:51 pm

Bit hard to find an appropriate subject name. I played the game just fine, and decided to play in Full Screen. Worked fine and all, played for an hour or more until I decided to go back to windowed mode again. The player (or the game) crashed, and now Unity fails to load for EVERY game I play, not just Desktop Dungeons. This is a big issue to me as I regularily play atleast a few other Unity based games.

I already tried uninstalling and re-installing Unity, several times, taking certain actions suggested by users with similiar problems before, but nothing has worked.
Minaro

Re: Game launched and played fine, but now unity won't launc

Postby dislekcia on Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:56 am

Ok, that's not good.

What error message do you get from the plugin and have you reported that to Unity themselves? We're working with Unity at the moment on trying to figure out what's going on with the Chrome problems.

Have you tried clearing your cache and/or different browsers to see if Unity is just globally broken for you somehow?
dislekcia

Re: Game launched and played fine, but now unity won't launc

Postby Minaro on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:26 pm

Yeah, it didn't work on any browser. The error that I got was "Error launching Unity" or something. I read that some people had previously gotten an error that was identical to mine apart from theirs being along the lines of "Error launching Unity dll".

Fortunately, it fixed itself when I restarted the computer. I'm pretty confident about computer use, so I can't believe I didn't think of trying that sooner. Still, I'm surprised that uninstalling then re-installing unity from scratch didn't fix anything, considering that *should* be programmed to wipe everything unity related (which it doesn't, there's still plenty of local files remaining related to unity after un-installing).

Unity seems to have a host of problems atm, from what I read yesterday. Some are related purely towards Chrome while some are related to older computer hardware (Unity appearantly stopped supporting some old versions of hardware still much in use with no warning or notes). Then there's the seemingly random ones like what I had.

Again, it fixed itself. Note to anyone having this problem - Try restarting your computer. If that doesn't work, un-install then re-install Unity and restart your computer.
Minaro

Return to Support