Talk won't change to Kill, get stuck in tutorial

Got a problem? Let us know!

Talk won't change to Kill, get stuck in tutorial

Postby jujutsuka on Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:44 am

Hi,

I'm not able to complete the tutorial because the paths are blocked by two monsters that I cannot kill -- they both say "talk". We can talk all day, but eventually I need to kill them to proceed with the tutorial. I'm not sure what to do to get the "talk" description to go away so that I can kill them. One on the bottom of the map is a bandit who is level 1 and the other at the top of the map is a meatboy who is level 2. They both want to talk. I've listened to what they have to say, but now I want to kill.

Please help
jujutsuka

Re: Talk won't change to Kill, get stuck in tutorial

Postby dislekcia on Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:12 am

Follow the instructions that they're giving you when they talk to you:

Right click the Bandit to select it, then fight it using that interface. After you level up, the Meat Man shouldn't kill you anymore and thus be less talkative.
dislekcia

Postby jujutsuka on Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:15 pm

The problem turned out to be that cmd-click and ctrl-click is not recognized for a "right click" on my mac -- in the game (usually it works, my mac is not broken). Luckily I have a usb mouse that I was able to plug in and right click with -- this solved the problem.
jujutsuka

Postby dislekcia on Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:30 pm

Hmm. That's something we never ran into in testing - we've always had a 2 button mouse plugged in to the Mac here. Wonder if we can figure out what cmd-click maps to in Unity...
dislekcia

Postby DaviddesJ on Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:30 am

OK, I had the right-click problem too. Strange that this hasn't come up for more users. Tapping with two fingers will right-click if enabled in Preferences, but it's a poor solution. The standard method would be control-click (but command-click would be an alternative if necessary). Hope you patch this.
DaviddesJ

Return to Support