Full screen issues on MacBook Pro

Got a problem? Let us know!

Full screen issues on MacBook Pro

Postby enfolder on Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:06 pm

I'm playing Desktop Dungeons an my MacBook Pro.

It used to work fine, but now when I start it, the splash screen is displaced up and to the left. The right side of the screen flashes annoyingly and I can see the desktop beneath it.

The mouse cursor is not displaced, so the highlighted parts of the splash screen don't coincide to where the cursor actually appears to be. Makes it very hard to click on things.

Since the top of the screen is missing, it's hard to find menu options.

This suddenly started happening to me. Changing screen resolutions has no effect.

Thoughts?
enfolder

Re: Full screen issues on MacBook Pro

Postby dislekcia on Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:34 pm

Are you using a dual monitor setup, or did you at some point? Unity seems to not be very good at handling that at the moment...

Probably the best thing to do would be to turn off fullscreen mode in the game's saved settings: Head to your ~/Library/Preferences folder, look for a file named unity.qcfdesign.desktopdungeons.plist and see what your fullscreen resolutions and settings are in there.
dislekcia

Postby enfolder on Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:05 pm

fullscreen =1
resMultiplier=0
Screenmanager is Fullscreen mode = 1
height = 900
width = 1440

I changed fullscreen to 0 using Property List Editor. That moved everything down and to the right, but I still can't see the top or left of the splash screen, and the mouse still doesn't correspond to the highlighted elements.
enfolder

Postby enfolder on Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:06 pm

And yes, I often use a second monitor, though not at the moment.
enfolder

Postby enfolder on Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:09 pm

I have discovered a weird workaround: I can start the game and go to the menu (which is not trivial because the menu button is not visible, and you have to click where it WOULD be if things were working, not above the screen where it actually is). If I then select "windowed" things are OK, then fullscreen makes things OK.

I guess I should submit a full bug report?
enfolder

Postby dislekcia on Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:32 pm

Apparently Unity has gotten better at handling multiple monitors since the switch to Unity 4. We're planning to update the game when the mobile release happens, so that should hopefully fix the issue. Also, we added a bunch of stuff to how fullscreening works, so that should help too ;)
dislekcia

Return to Support