Screen goes black when leveling up

Got a problem? Let us know!

Screen goes black when leveling up

Postby TroyeMcW on Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:29 am

I purchased the game from Steam... It loads fine and lets me play until I reach the point of leveling up to 2nd level... Then the screen goes black (although the music still plays) and I have to ctrl+alt+delete to exit the game...

I've wasted the money I spent... please help...
TroyeMcW

Re: Screen goes black when leveling up

Postby dislekcia on Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:04 pm

Hi, that sounds really strange...

Could you please give me some more information about your setup and the problem that you're having? What hardware are you running on, operating system, etc? Have you got the latest graphics drivers for your device? Does the game keep responding after the screen goes black - can you use Alt+F4 to close it, or can you still cast spells using hotkeys?

Also, if you've created a DesktopDungeons.net account (via the log in button on the startup screen in the Steam version), could you try playing the game on the website to see if that might be more stable? I suspect some sort of graphics issue.
dislekcia

Postby TroyeMcW on Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:28 pm

My comp is an HP 2000 laptop, running Windows 8... all graphics drivers are up-to-date...

The game is unresponsive once the screen goes black...

I'll try playing on the website...

(I'm afraid I'm not very comp savvy --- if you need more info, tell me how to get it for you...)
TroyeMcW

Postby dislekcia on Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:27 pm

Can you check your Desktop Dungeons directory (right click on the game in your Steam list, select Properties, select the Local Files tab and then click on Browse Local Files) and see if there's a file called output_log.txt? Maybe we can get some information about this crash if that's there...
dislekcia

Return to Support