How to debug login/connection problems?

Got a problem? Let us know!

How to debug login/connection problems?

Postby Sandman on Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:37 am

Hi!

I have bought DD some time ago on GoG but started playing just yesterday. I have created DD account with the serial from GoG page and activated it properly. Yet when I try to login into cloud I always get "There was an error connecting to the server. Please check your internet connection and try again.".

Is there any log available to learn more details about the connection problem so I can determine whether this is a problem with my network settings or with the game itself? Of course other applications connect to Internet all the time without any problem. Also when I click "Check for updated" I got "Up to date" rather than connection error which suggest that also DD is able to make connections. Please help me to debug the problem on my side or/and check if your server has noticed any traces of my connection tries. My account is registered to the same e-mail that is used on Forum.

Best Regards,
Jacek
Sandman

Re: How to debug login/connection problems?

Postby dislekcia on Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:48 am

If you have some sort of firewall, that might be the issue. Otherwise there's not that much that the game is actually trying to do: It's literally just trying to get hold of our server and log you in, that's it.
dislekcia

Return to Support