DD/Unity stopped working

Got a problem? Let us know!

DD/Unity stopped working

Postby Tinker on Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:01 am

So I fired up the computer to check out the daily today, and after the loading the login screen came up all garbled. The fields looked pink, the characters were unlegible, when I selected an input field (e-mail or password) it lit up white, so I tried to enter my credentials, but then it just turned black. So I couldn't fire it up.

I reinstalled the Unity player, but now I'm getting a Unity error message before even loading anything (it says, Unity couldn't update, I can try a manual installation but it doesn't change anything, I get the same error again).

I tried also the non-test version and I get the same thing.

I'm not sure if it's a DD issue or a Unity issue or just somewhing with my computer; though weird thing is, I did not change anything on my system, didn't install anything, and yesterday it was working fine, today it's gone...

Ideas very welcome, ideally still before midnight! :)
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Re: DD/Unity stopped working

Postby Tinker on Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:59 pm

So I did a bit of web searching and found several proposed methods to fix this. Ranging from, manual download, through deleting temporary files, to uninstalling - disabling IE - reinstalling - re-enabling IE (all of which I tried). I even did a system restore. Nothing seemed to fix it, so I got a bit frustrated and turned off the computer. When I turned it back on it worked. Lucky me I guess, though I keep wondering what's behind, and if there is something that can be done to avoid it in the future?
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Re: DD/Unity stopped working

Postby dislekcia on Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:34 pm

Something definitely changed on your machine's side... It's either a browser-level thing or a graphics driver update being stealthy.

Unfortunately I don't think there's much that we can do about it from our side.
dislekcia

Return to Support