Steam Goatperson DLC Not Activated?

Got a problem? Let us know!

Steam Goatperson DLC Not Activated?

Postby BearTania on Sat May 09, 2015 4:46 pm

I bought two copies of the Enhanced Edition for Steam and from what I understand the DLC should be activated at install, right? We both have been playing a while (one Win7 and one Win8 device) and each have finally had the Goat Glade even appear, but it still requires 3k to get the race.
Am I misunderstanding what the purpose was of buying the DLC upfront? Or how to get it to register?

I can provide additional information on request, I'm just lost as to what might be relevant here.
Thank you!
BearTania

Re: Steam Goatperson DLC Not Activated?

Postby dislekcia on Sun May 10, 2015 11:46 am

If you didn't have the DLC, you wouldn't have the Goat Glade.

Just like the game asks you to upgrade the other buildings to unlock classes, you have to unlock the Goatperson. Desktop Dungeons isn't a free to play game, so our in-game gold is not conflated with actual money you use to buy stuff IRL :)
dislekcia

Re: Steam Goatperson DLC Not Activated?

Postby BearTania on Mon May 11, 2015 2:22 pm

Ah ok. Thank you for clearing it up! I thought I had seen elsewhere (after buying the game but trying to investigate the DLC situation) that players could get the glade and the race after playing the 'regular' game for a while and since it didn't even appear for a while, I had inferred that the DLC was some sort of bypass to that time or in game purchase.. But since I wasn't sure, still had to ask.

Don't know how Or when I'll get 3K saved since I'm still struggling with some earlier quests just to get other basic races started, but glad to know it's working as it should.

Thank you!
BearTania

Return to Support