Crashing a lot on iPad 2

Got a problem? Let us know!

Crashing a lot on iPad 2

Postby AlexxKay on Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:16 pm

I was very happy to see DD come to iOs, but I'm having a huge problem with it. The game often crashes when it's on a "Loading..." screen. Frequently, this is happening to me when it is trying to load the town screen after a dungeon run, meaning that I don't get credit for a successful run (and am out all the money I spent on supplies). Argh!
AlexxKay

Re: Crashing a lot on iPad 2

Postby dislekcia on Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:44 pm

We're working on a fix for the progress being lost as a result of this. Sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime.

We should be able to start a patch through the certification dance next week.
dislekcia

Postby vipris on Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:42 pm

Also playing on ipad and experiencing these crashes

I'd also like to add :

> crashes are mostly after a succesfull run, when hitting the 'continue' button

> not really a bug but still very annoying for me: if you dont touch the tablet for a while and it goes into sleep mode, DD usually exits. i also haven't found a way to switch apps and leave it running in the background, i always lose the current run.
vipris

Postby vipris on Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:58 am

Just wanted to add that the game still crashes a lot after a succefull run. It's very frustrating to 'lose' a succesfull run, especially if it took several tries to beat a difficult dungeon or PQI.
Not sure but i think it also happens more after long runs (+30 mins)
vipris

Postby dislekcia on Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:37 pm

We'll keep trying to update the game as Unity optimises their 64bit back-end, but right now there's not much we can do to further cut down on load.

I play on an iPad 2 a lot and the game's been really stable. Then again, I make sure I run very few active notifications because I hate them, which means that there's more free memory.
dislekcia

Return to Support