[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Android, Cant install game.

Android, Cant install game.

Got a problem? Let us know!

Re: Android, Cant install game.

Postby msys on Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:45 pm

Hey, I also had this problem (on Shield Tablet with Android 5.1.1) and I've already provided the solution, but somehow my message has not appeared here - I don't know why and I also don't know why it has been invisible for dislekcia here... there has been some message about the moderation because it included the link with the detailed explanation of the problem, so maybe that was it?

So, another try, this time without the link:

First, the SOLUTION (that worked for me): simply unmount the microSD card (you don't even need to eject it) and the installation should work this time.

Then, the explanation: stupid Android bug is preventing the installation (and also moving) of the app to the external SD card if the card is too slow (it is related to some constant timer that times out and breaks the whole process in the middle), regardless of the amount of the free space available. Unmounting the card forces the app to be installed to the main memory: there are no timers, so it works.
msys

Postby dislekcia on Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:35 am

Wow, thanks for the info msys! That seems like a weird bug...
dislekcia

Postby whitewolf3500 on Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:11 pm

whitewolf3500

Postby Telerian3 on Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:30 am

I am having the same issue as Whitewolf on a Nvidia Shield Tablet.
Running Android 5.1.1

I made a screenshot that will hopefully help.
My Humble bundle app has not updated to attempt installing it from that, but I downloaded from the Humble website and I noticed a link for a new version so I tried to download it again. Same result.

https://41.media.tumblr.com/d369573ebb3 ... 1_1280.jpg

I played this game before Windows 8 was released if that was possible. I'd love to play it on my tablet.
Telerian3

Postby Telerian3 on Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:58 am

Thankyou Msys that did work.
I didn't even get to post my screenshot, and I thought I was being helpful. :-p
Telerian3

Previous

Return to Support