Dungeon progress wiped - Nothing else

Got a problem? Let us know!

Dungeon progress wiped - Nothing else

Postby Kokojo on Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:58 am

Hello!

So I've been playing DD for quite a while and decided last week or so to try my hand at the EE mod. Quite a few successes and I am enjoying the new difficulty a lot. I played my normal DD offline all the time before so I've never really started could sync.

I did back up my saves just in case, but it seems today i've ran into a problem. The EE edition laucher asked me to select a kingdom while it usually already logged me in. Puzzled, I selected my one and only kingdom and then tried to go for a run.

And then, I noticed all my dungeon progress has been wiped but not my quests or unlocks. Im puzzled. I did nothing special today - the last thing I ever did on this computer was finishing curious creeplight ruins and then sleeping. Nothing really changed. I did not even use steam today. So I turned on cloud synch to try to salvage it, to no avail...

Any solutions?Image
Kokojo

Re: Dungeon progress wiped - Nothing else

Postby dislekcia on Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:49 pm

Hi, I'm afraid I can't help much with the mod, but did you back up your entire save folder and not just the .sav files? There are directories in your save folder associated with each Kingdom that contain your run data. It's that data that's probably missing if you're experiencing this issue... Sometimes the game might try to look for saved data in different directories (the large strings of numbers) if you've logged into/out of Steam or the game couldn't validate the Steam process, etc.
dislekcia

Return to Support