v0.21 Bug? Simultaneously Winning and Dying

Got a problem? Let us know!

v0.21 Bug? Simultaneously Winning and Dying

Postby VigorousBog on Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:34 am

With two monsters remaining (Both zombies) I had my character worship at an altar of Dracul for the extra level of experience. When I killed the first zombie Dracul gave me a warning shot and subtracted 5 piety (1 piety remaining). When I killed Frank the Zombie (end boss) I got the victory box detailing the rewards I had unlocked as well as a dialog box saying that Dracul was displeased with my behavior (piety -4) and that now I was dead.

While I'm not sure if this is a bug - with the order the events trigger, it is possible to die after defeating the final boss if a character worships Dracul (and possibly Taurog but it would take some doing) My character didn't get the chance to retire. This might be a bigger problem when you can access the town.

Thanks for making such a great game, I'm looking forward to the start of the E3 demo/beta.
VigorousBog

Re: v0.21 Bug? Simultaneously Winning and Dying

Postby dislekcia on Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:08 am

That's actually a really cool emergence you had happen there ;)

Agreed, this might be an issue with the Kingdom, but it's rather rare (and I kinda like the retribution angle - nobody should ever let their piety drop low with Dracul, just in case) and you could always buy insurance as a preparation...
dislekcia

Re: v0.21 Bug? Simultaneously Winning and Dying

Postby Jedit on Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:24 am

VigorousBog wrote:With two monsters remaining (Both zombies) I had my character worship at an altar of Dracul for the extra level of experience.

Not bug-related, but ... you know you don't gain any benefits from Dracul's bonus level, right? No extra health or damage, no refills. The only things it does are increase your level by 1 for the purposes of calculating "X per level" and granting first strike. (It may also cure mana burn, I don't recall.)
Jedit

Return to Support